GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW recall in USA

pitterchi

Ready to race!
why do they call this a panoramic sunroof. Mine creaks like anything and when I brought into the dealer he was saying it creaks because it's a panoramic roof which is ludicrous because it's small as shit.

LOL, do you actually own a GTI? Every single comment you've ever made on this forum is trashing this car. Literally every single post you've ever made since joining, I actually wasted a minute reading them all. :rolleyes:

Yeah, alderran1 there's a Toyota Corolla with your name on it. Perfect for you.

VWTURBOFAM

Ready to race!
Finally got mine done. Went smooth, no problems,no gas smell (so far), was terrified the Dealership would make a comment about aftermarket downpipe on my car....but thank God, didn't say a thing. Went in with barely any gas in tank.

KlipZ

Ready to race!
i got mine done in July. Went in for an oil change at around 10k and asked them to do the recall. I had over a 1/4 tank and they were like "no problem." They performed the recall and 10k service and i picked up the care with zero smell inside. I kind of feel like my MPG has improved, though this could be placebo or the fact that the "newness" of my car has worn off me a bit and i drive it much more conservatively.

I'm averaging 29-33MPG on my 6 mile commute to and from work. Seemed like i used to be getting 23-26. The real test will be this winter. i know that last winter my commute would leave me around 22 every day.

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
Looks like Panoramic sunroof frame replacement is not a recall.

This looks like it affects my car? Do I need to bring this up at the dealer?

BigMac629

Passed Driver's Ed

The dealer brought it up to me when I went in for my 30k service. It took about 4 hours to complete, but they gave me a loaner for the day. Wasn't too bad at all. It could just be psychological, but I think the creaking has died down quite a bit too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nype

Drag Racing Champion
The dealer brought it up to me when I went in for my 30k service. It took about 4 hours to complete, but they gave me a loaner for the day. Wasn't too bad at all. It could just be psychological, but I think the creaking has died down quite a bit too!

Wow and the bulletin says up to 90 mins.

I wonder why so few cars affected? Must be more Golfs and GTIs in Canada and USA with sunroofs, no?

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold

Since its not a recall, dealer might be able to say if you need a repair once they enter your VIN in the system. It took an hour for me to get the repair done.

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
Since its not a recall, dealer might be able to say if you need a repair once they enter your VIN in the system. It took an hour for me to get the repair done.

They didn't say anything a few weeks ago.

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
I was informed as i stopped for an oil change. Ask the dealer to check your VIN when you stopby next time.

I only go for warranty work and stuff so I'll just have to go swing by I suppose. Might as well.

terp_man

Passed Driver's Ed
I also noticed that the first quarter tank seems to run out fast. I just filled up for he first time last week after purchasing my '17 GTI Sport. Any thoughts, or is this just part of the break in period??

Jovian

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI
Dealer notified me today about the sunroof. Mine has been great, no leaks or creaking so I was hesitant to agree but reluctantly did. We will see how it turns out.