GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW recall in USA

Deviation01

Go Kart Champion
Using my VIN on their website says my car is good so far.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I called VW. Seems no R's affected.

Report Receipt Date: SEP 07, 2016
NHTSA Campaign Number: 16V647000
Component(s): ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING , FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINE
All Products Associated with this Recall expand
Details close
4 Associated Documents expand
Manufacturer: Volkswagen Group of America, Inc.
SUMMARY:
Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. (Volkswagen) is recalling certain model year 2015-2016 Volkswagen Golf, Golf SportWagen, GTI, Audi A3 sedan and A3 Cabriolet vehicles. Due to a problem with the suction pump inside the fuel tank, fuel may flow into the evaporative emissions (EVAP) system.
CONSEQUENCE:
As fuel accumulates in the EVAP system, it may leak out through the charcoal canister filter element. A fuel leak in the presence of an ignition source increases the risk of a fire.
REMEDY:
Volkswagen will notify owners, and dealers will replace the suction pump, free of charge. Parts are not currently available. An interim notice will be sent to owners by early November and a second notice will be sent when parts are available. Volkswagen owners may contact Volkswagen customer service at 1-800-893-5298, Audi owners may contact Audi customer service at 1-800-253-2834. Volkswagen's numbers for this recall are 20Y6 and 20Y5.

Mk7user

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 2015
could this be why the first quarter tank after fill up goes quickly?

Read a dealer communication from HQ with something to the effect that "customers may experience refueling issues such as early stopping of fuel nozzle...when fuel accumulates in the EVAP system"

Zoolook

Ready to race!
Where on their website can you search for your VIN?

VW.com?

OK figure it out, Safercar.gov

Mine looks OK

Year: 2016 Make: VW Model: GTI AUTOBAHN W/PERF. 4D MAN
Number of Open Recalls: 0

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
I have had times when I was filling up and the pump cut off before the tank was full. Uh oh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is not going to fix that, I had the same issue on other cars, not on the GTI but other brands, especially if fuel was low for some reason, anywho sometimes it would cut of every second lol, weird

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FriskyDingo

Ready to race!
My 2016 GTI had a massive fuel leak just a few days into owning it. It was literally pissing fuel out onto the parking lot. Lost 3/4 of a tank in a matter of minutes. Dealer said it was a bad fitting/clamp on a fuel line that caused it to be loose. I wonder if this recall is related.