GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Updated Golf R

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
Cheap looking side skirts.

Busy, less aggressive looking front end.

Bland digital gauge cluster.

Mismatched rear diffuser.

I'll just keep the one I am driving. :)

Pickleahoy1

Ready to race!
The biggest deal even more so than the 10 HP is if this engine has the dual port/direct injection in the US version. Not having to do walnut blasting is better than anything else they could do

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
The biggest deal even more so than the 10 HP is if this engine has the dual port/direct injection in the US version. Not having to do walnut blasting is better than anything else they could do

The U.S. version might stay the same - power wise.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
The front lights, especially the DRL's look like every other car on the road, and I don't like the grille or side intakes. VW claims .3 second faster with only a few more horses and twisties? I don't think so.

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
The front lights, especially the DRL's look like every other car on the road, and I don't like the grille or side intakes. VW claims .3 second faster with only a few more horses and twisties? I don't think so.

I think they just adjusted the 0-60 time to reflect what it could really do. The current R was quicker than they claimed from the factory.

FriskyDingo

Ready to race!
Do they usually announce the US time frame at a certain point?

Not really. I work at a VW dealer, and they leave us in the dark about a lot of things, unfortunately. I really hate that about them. When I worked at a GM store, I could get the scoop on all kinds of cool shit GM was doing from the trainers and insiders that made rounds at the dealership. Not so with VW. :(