GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Update: The eBay Full Replacement Paddles

nype

Drag Racing Champion
The center display is coded, yes.

17 Instruments

10- Adaptations

Select “channel display representation” (displaydarstellung)

Changed between versions until I found one I liked.

Cool. Thx. Will try it out

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Yeah, I think I'm just going to leave them as-is. Maaaaayyyyyyybe I'll paint the grooves red to match the exterior of the car, but probably not.

Funny they chose the colours that they did. Why not red / white / blue?

nype

Drag Racing Champion
You are correct. Not sure what happened. I swore my headlights were on and the rheostat was all the way up, when I went out to check before I posted that they don't illuminate. I must have goofed or something because tonight when I went to check they did indeed illuminate.

Can’t tell from the pic in post 28, is that the eBay paddle illuminated?

Or the stock paddle (which does of course illuminate)?

Last edited:

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Funny they chose the colours that they did. Why not red / white / blue?

Probably because the day-glo plastic tubing factory next door made them an awesome deal on these simply hideous colors. :D

nype

Drag Racing Champion
It’s a standard paddle

Right. Thanks. Was confused because I thought that the question was “do these Ali/eBay paddles illuminate”. Clearly, they do not.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Reminder that similar to Japan I am sure the Chinese like a different color palette than us.

Exactly.

But heck, I’m Canadian and still it only makes sense to go with red/white/blue.

[emoji1303]

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
I don't get why so many cheap paddles have sharp corners. Is it just cheaper to make them this way? Doesn't look very ergonomic.

They aren't really as sharp as they appear. I have no issues with how they feel, I rather like it. My fingers have something defined to feel on the back side which makes for a confident shift.

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
I don't get why so many cheap paddles have sharp corners. Is it just cheaper to make them this way? Doesn't look very ergonomic.

These don't have sharp corners. The back edges (where your fingers grasp them) are beveled and smooth.