GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

To Hi-HP MPI CARS! ~ PSA

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
I'm positive. Took em out 1 by 1 and set em on the towel. It's interesting that the air flows on the outside of each port. Must be the valve that opens first and gets the blowby.
In that case the two lightest (seemingly) spraying on my plates are the two cylinders are knocking the most. Very interesting.

Im gonna move those injectors around tomorrow. Should I go 1-2 and 4-3 or just do 1 to 2 for now?

Do you also think some Jectron or injector cleaner would help? As many times I had to F with it I could absolutely see debris getting in

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
Just 1-2. Or move it to 3 since that ones on a different knock sensor.
Oh good call. Ill try some jectron injector cleaner as well. Also when I did some light carbon cleaning I didn't really notice any valve open. They all seemed to be pretty shut. Is that just how this engine is or did I miss it? Everything was so soft and sticky not much would've got in anyway.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
But then others say those injectors are same UM, APR use and recommend as well. PR just puts a different tip on em and flow tests em?

In next day or so I will rule out a faulty injector in Cylinder 1. Im gonna swap it but cylinder 4 is also having some problems so really dont know.

One thing I've learned with this "new crowd" Diggs mentioned (actually pretty spot on lol) is that everyone knows everything when things are going right. If I were to post a 6.9X dragy on FB, its.. "I can't wait till I get X Y and Z like you.. or "thats because you have X Y and Z." Yet no one really seems to know anything when things go wrong lol xD Theres so many factors at play but I feel like I have checked everything I possibly can.

Heres the thing.. yes I have had so many issues and I feel like theres no end in sight right now. Once I solve something it just leads to another new bigger problem all out of my control. But I don't think most people including this forum truly understands what 550+HP feels like in one of these things. Stage 3 EFR DSG Trans, 2900 lb curb weight, even with all the issues it seriously is not a cute little quick GTI anymore. We were all impressed going stage 2. Ok now literally double that power with a fat tire. It is legit. I feel like I've spent more time working on the car than driving it, and this is supposed to be the daily lol. But when its running right it is a true 60-130 skreetcar.

I think my 7s pass had .6gs of acceleration at 115 mph. 120-130 in 1.4 seconds on the "soft" tune. You just have to find a tire that will hook, lock the LSD and its semi worth it. But I feel like Im just moving backwards here!

I can't even imagine your frustration to say the least. And I sure don't know what it's like to have 550+ HP in a GTI. I would at least ask CTS why the hell the part numbers are scratched out. Not saying that's the source of your problem but that's wrong to cross out a part number.

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
I can't even imagine your frustration to say the least. And I sure don't know what it's like to have 550+ HP in a GTI. I would at least ask CTS why the hell the part numbers are scratched out. Not saying that's the source of your problem but that's wrong to cross out a part number.
Pretty sure PR does the same lol. They don't want people knowing the injectors in their 700$ kit are 30 dollars a piece on ebay.

Ill move my number one problem causer over to cylinder 3 and if knock follows Im ordering PR injectors and demanding refund. Something tells me its a fuel thing though. I also really hate the way they have their kit routed. I wonder if moving the T (3 way split into oem line) over to the Passenger side would help. That way MPI injectors are always getting fed first and cylinder 1 is the first to receive fuel.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Oh good call. Ill try some jectron injector cleaner as well. Also when I did some light carbon cleaning I didn't really notice any valve open. They all seemed to be pretty shut. Is that just how this engine is or did I miss it? Everything was so soft and sticky not much would've got in anyway.

Certainly not saying not to use an injector cleaner but since you're running E wouldn't that clean the injectors?

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
Certainly not saying not to use an injector cleaner but since you're running E wouldn't that clean the injectors?

I would think so yeah. I just feel stuck and chasing my tail at this point. CTS is probably not even gonna respond or refund me my money let alone care that they scratch their part numbers off. And I don't think its illegal since technically they are not selling "bosch injector kit." But rather, CTS Port Kit with 980cc injectors. See what Im getting at? It would only be illegal if they said "Comes with 4 bosch blah blah XXX injectors" and then turns out its just cheap generic ebay injectors, which they are lol.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I would think so yeah. I just feel stuck and chasing my tail at this point. CTS is probably not even gonna respond or refund me my money let alone care that they scratch their part numbers off. And I don't think its illegal since technically they are not selling "bosch injector kit." But rather, CTS Port Kit with 980cc injectors. See what Im getting at? It would only be illegal if they said "Comes with 4 bosch blah blah XXX injectors" and then turns out its just cheap generic ebay injectors, which they are lol.

Yeah I get it. All I know is you'll figure it out and I hope soon. I know you're frustrated but just keep your mind on the goal. You're going to have a rocket.

vegatune

Passed Driver's Ed
What do you think diggs? To me sounds like something is loose in there. But why in the hell would that cause knock in 1 cylinder primarily and pressures still be semi ok or at least, above what is considered the safe limit...

I see now why guys like queb are so close to selling their cars and giving up.

If none of this solves it I got like two options left...

Part out (I didn't drop thousands to have even more issues)

Tell moose to drop the knock sensors down 30% and just SEND IT. I'll keep an eye on mechanical engine health and pressures myself. - Very bad idea but I am beyond frustrated.

Since selling is38 I have dealt with...
never ending coolant leaks
banjo bolts that wouldnt seal
leaking core on turbo
leaking lines
broken lines
Having to R&D custom feed system to stop leak
fuel pressure issues
Knock issues
Jammed fuel line
Bad fitting injectors
Broken manifolds
Fabbing up parts to fit

...sigh. Maybe this is one big golf april fools or the world really is ending

Anybody pushing the limits on new platforms will always have to deal with headaches. But your right vw are behind on info compared to other platforms. Mainly because tuning companies with vw don’t push there shop cars. They just used them for r&d for products not really to race. I bought an Evo back 2005 and the biggest turbo ran back than were 35r on street cars. The general thought back then was that you can only run 22-24 psi on pump putting down about 400-425 whp. It’s shops like ams, Buschur, English racing, curt brown were pushing there shop cars that people learned about the quirks and issues that came up with big numbers. By 2010 people were running 600whp on pump 93. My Evo was putting down 582whp on pump on a 6266. I think the issue here is that this companies are not ran by gear heads just corporate meet sales quotas type of crap. I mean has any vw tuning company ever built a 800hp plus Ea888?

Paxtond1

Go Kart Newbie

They are not cheap eBay injectors, they are genuine Bosch.

I suspect they scratch off the numbers to hide the fact that are charging 4x on the MSRP