GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

To Hi-HP MPI CARS! ~ PSA

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
If by test kit you mean vial and water? That's still the same, the gas is up top and the everything else is at the bottom. It likely is E80 but the test is not scientific enough to conclude that.
Ohhh I think I finally get what you are saying. Like the test is basically just saying only 20 percent in here is gas the rest could be god knows what. It's not a given that it is actually good ethanol? Is that what you're getting at?

However wouldn't a gas issue show up in multiple cylinders being retarded?

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Ohhh I think I finally get what you are saying. Like the test is basically just saying only 20 percent in here is gas the rest could be god knows what. It's not a given that it is actually good ethanol? Is that what you're getting at?

However wouldn't a gas issue show up in multiple cylinders being retarded?
Correct. Which is why I don't think it's likely a gas quality issue.

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
Oh lord theres people running 19* and 33psi on stock motor on my set up. My friend with audi, same set up, is running 15* and 32psi on kill mode. Zero knock. He dailies at 10* and 28psi

Same tuner, same set up
How does the difference in compression between GTI/R effect timing

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
How does the difference in compression between GTI/R effect timing

I don't know but I suspect it doesn't.
Pull the sock off the lpfp. Very risky though.

Is this why I keep seeing those engine bay filters lately on high power cars? Queb has one. Looks like a small tank thing usually blue. Are they taking the sock off and just using a screen filter near the bay?

What would change if filter came off?

What the hell is going in a car to where e60 RUNS MORE TIMING CLEANER THAN E80!? I thought cavitation affected pressures not knock/retard. I wish I could see individual AFR and flow rates of each cylinder. That would be most helpful.

Also Diggs did you see the logs I posted last night? Very interesting. It literally is doing it at THE EXACT same spot everytime and then clearing up then doing it again the next gear.

https://datazap.me/u/samuphil/latest-log?log=0&data=1

Last edited:

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
Ok so I took out pump today and moved the whole thing up about 4mm in the basket. There was a nub that caused it to be quite a bit crammed down at the bottom. I got my hopes up that was the issue..
'
https://datazap.me/u/samuphil/fueling-test?log=0&data=1-13&mark=27

Its just a mess tbh. I really not sure what else to do. Tomorrow I'll try swapping injector.

Last options: like Diggs mentioned my tested e80 isn't really good ethanol for some reason. And the reason cylinder 1 knocks so much more than others is just because its touchy?

1200 mile rs7 plugs just aren't up to the task (but neither were the ngk racing plugs I did try as well)

Injectors aren't working right - nearly impossible to diagnose

.. Give up and go back to is20, part out the BT kit.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
I have only 2 E85 pumps in my area and they get it from the same source, supposedly, but yet one station has higher ethanol content than the other one and the one that has the higher ethanol content is the older pump/gas station.