GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Those with o2 spacers and CEL free

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
How many turns do you think? I will get my car up on a lift later this week since i have a few other odds and ends to get installed.

Since you already have your DP installed to your exhaust, you are going have to experiment with different settings till you get it right, meaning turn it out a few turns and run it like that to see if the CEL comes back or not. If it does, turn it out some more and see if it works.

audio vicious

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 GTI Sport DSG
I'm confused (and mildly annoyed) with this P013E00. With the middle insert and the Vibrant J spacer pointed towards the Abs pump, it took about 300 miles to come on. Replaced gasket and vband clamp and put in big insert, now it comes on every 25 miles like clockwork.

I'm about to buy the 42DD spacer, but I'm not sure it's gonna help. What's confusing me is why it'd come on quicker, with a code indicating its not getting enough air, on a bigger insert? The only thing I can think of is a leak, but I can't find one anywhere.

Any input at all would be helpful, something to stop this madness! I'm afraid to spring for the 42DD and it not work either.

daujin_mk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI DSG
The tune will take the CEL away off the dash. But the code will still be there whenever you can scan

daujin_mk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI DSG
I don't have any codes scanning with vcds for o2 sensor. I had perpetual P0240 with JB4. Nothing changed on my DP setup when I went Tomioka+Eurodyne.

I don't get the code if I dont have the vibrant j in.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Question for you guys:
I've been going through the tuning process with full bolt ons using an IE DP and an open spacer. I asked the tuner not to disable the cat codes so I could try to get it to pass emissions using the spacer later on. All throughout the process, I've had slow to respond and stuck lean codes (which I hear can also be an air leak from a loose fitting), and just figured I'd mess with it when the tune was done. I recently finished the tune and had the cel still, as expected, for a couple hundred miles, then it just went away. I checked the AP and all channels show ready and there are no codes. I'm glad I didn't have to do anything, but it just seems odd. Anyone else run into something like this?

GoatPowder

Ready to race!
I'd suspect you have a--very small--leak at either the downpipe clamp or your spacer that was only present when the metal was cold and contracted. Now that the ambient temperature is going up the leak isn't there or large enough to trip the fault.

Just a guess though, but something to check if you're up for emissions in a colder month.

MaxM97

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'19 Alltrack SEL 6MT
Question for you guys:
I've been going through the tuning process with full bolt ons using an IE DP and an open spacer. I asked the tuner not to disable the cat codes so I could try to get it to pass emissions using the spacer later on. All throughout the process, I've had slow to respond and stuck lean codes (which I hear can also be an air leak from a loose fitting), and just figured I'd mess with it when the tune was done. I recently finished the tune and had the cel still, as expected, for a couple hundred miles, then it just went away. I checked the AP and all channels show ready and there are no codes. I'm glad I didn't have to do anything, but it just seems odd. Anyone else run into something like this?

Hey oddspyke, which spacer are you using? I've got the vibrant j on my IE downpipe and am chasing P2270 and P013E codes. I'm thinking it was put on facing the wrong way.

quincy

Passed Driver's Ed
I have the vibrant j spacer with the medium insert facing the engine and it's taken care of my P0420 from my catted DP