GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Those with o2 spacers and CEL free

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie
I had to flash back to the stock map. I believe everything was ready except exhaust gas recirculation, either way I can pass with one not ready.
I just passed about an hour ago, fuel system readiness was the last to finally set for me. For what it's worth, I did not have to flash back to stock. MAPerformance stage 2 passed just fine, at least in GA.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

audio vicious

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 GTI Sport DSG
I just passed about an hour ago, fuel system readiness was the last to finally set for me. For what it's worth, I did not have to flash back to stock. MAPerformance stage 2 passed just fine, at least in GA.

Congrats on the pass! I went in for inspection on March 1 and passed, then installed the downpipe a few days later. I knew I might hit hiccups with the readiness so I waited, at least I have a year now to get it sorted. Still need to try to mess with the spacer insert, but don't have access to a means of lifting the car at the moment.

daujin_mk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI DSG

Nice! I was driving on the stock map for a week till inspection. That was a pain lol. Out of curiosity, how did you orient your spacer?

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie
Nice! I was driving on the stock map for a week till inspection. That was a pain lol. Out of curiosity, how did you orient your spacer?
Once the pipe was installed, the spacer was basically pointing straight up at the engine bay (somewhere between parallel and perpendicular, in relation to the downpipe).

audio vicious

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 GTI Sport DSG
Made it about 350~ miles, got P013E00, cleared it, and it came back every 200-250 miles.

I put a new gasket and vband clamp on the downpipe and swapped to the larger insert and it showed up within a few drive cycles (25 miles exactly).

Still trying to sort out this one.

daujin_mk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI DSG
Yikes, sorry to hear that. Have you thought about trying another orientation or a 42dd spacer?

audio vicious

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 GTI Sport DSG
I changed the orientation up a little on this install, but if I remember right the code I'm getting is that the sensor is too far out of the stream. Strange I'd get it so soon with the larger insert, and it took much longer with the middle.

I was about to order the 42DD spacer, but I might try the spark plug foulers first since they're considerably cheaper and can be had from any auto store.

Really wishing I could get this one sorted.

razorbilo

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2015 GTI, 2017 X1
I changed the orientation up a little on this install, but if I remember right the code I'm getting is that the sensor is too far out of the stream. Strange I'd get it so soon with the larger insert, and it took much longer with the middle.

I was about to order the 42DD spacer, but I might try the spark plug foulers first since they're considerably cheaper and can be had from any auto store.

Really wishing I could get this one sorted.

I have the 42DD spacer and get the same code every 50ish miles after clearing it...i accepted it as a part of life.

audio vicious

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 GTI Sport DSG
With the middle insert for the Vibrant J I saw it every 300~ miles. I figured the bigger insert would fix it and now it's every 25~ miles. Looks like I'm going back to the middle one and just gonna have to clear it every so often.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
When mine was dyno tuned the tuner did something so I haven't ever had a CEL.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
I have the 42DD spacer and get the same code every 50ish miles after clearing it...i accepted it as a part of life.

You shouldn't. What direction do you have your O2 sensor facing and how far down do you have your spacer in the DP?

I have the same spacer and have never gotten a CEL with it (knock on wood).

razorbilo

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2015 GTI, 2017 X1
You shouldn't. What direction do you have your O2 sensor facing and how far down do you have your spacer in the DP?

I have the same spacer and have never gotten a CEL with it (knock on wood).

its pointed towards the turbo with the flow of the downpipe. I am running a USP downpipe as well, not sure if that matters due to the different bung placement. i have it maybe 1 full turn from the bottom. As for the tune, im running the Cobb OTS stage 3...for now

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
its pointed towards the turbo with the flow of the downpipe. I am running a USP downpipe as well, not sure if that matters due to the different bung placement. i have it maybe 1 full turn from the bottom. As for the tune, im running the Cobb OTS stage 3...for now

So you have it to where one full 360 turn will put it all the way in?