GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Subaru demand...

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
I think this is more of a demand than availability issue. Arguably... the Golf R was limited availability, but one could easily get 3-5k off that sticker price.

But demand = availability. You sell a lot of something because people want it (demand) less available inventory. Its also safe to say Subaru doesn't crank them out as fast as Toyota does with their Corolla.

i.e. Golf R, little demand so plenty of availability even tho it was a limited production run = deeper discounts. People just weren't lining up to buy one.

nouse4aname

Go Kart Champion
There are all sorts of biking/outdoor/etc organizations(Subaru VIP) you can join that partner with Subaru so members get a new Subaru at 2% below invoice with no haggling. Just have to be a member 6 months prior to purchase.

The deal does include factory orders as well. The program is open to all Subaru models including the WRX, STI, BRZ and XV Crosstrek models.

As little as a $30 membership to get it.
https://www.imba.com/subaru-vip

Last edited:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I looked at 3 dealers in Chicago

Midcity
Evanston
Grand

None had any in stock. Midcity is listing an STI in transit...

Seems foolish of them to offer up deals.. given the state of the sales :yikes:

I can still get discounts here, just have to order from the factory. Most are getting their cars in 6-8 weeks. The new WRX is quite legit.

Grand is my guy. They just sold their one remaining 2015 STI that they did have.

You can get a WRX or STI at Heuberger in Colorado Springs for $500 over invoice all day long and they will ship in anywhere in the US.

The STI is low production so there hasn't ever been a massive supply of them.

indeed, they are nationally known. How much do they charge for shipping?

But VW only offers the shitty Haldex based systems that are not really AWD all the time.

trufus^

There are all sorts of biking/outdoor/etc organizations(Subaru VIP) you can join that partner with Subaru so members get a new Subaru at 2% below invoice with no haggling. Just have to be a member 6 months prior to purchase.

The deal does include factory orders as well. The program is open to all Subaru models including the WRX, STI, BRZ and XV Crosstrek models.

As little as a $30 membership to get it.
https://www.imba.com/subaru-vip

thanks for supplying. these types of programs are good, however sometimes you can get even lower on your own. It will vary.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
I'd argue that 99% of the california population doesn't "need it" just like any car with over 100hp. But there is a a huge discrepancy between need/want

I NEED A BIG V8 DAMMIT!!!!

I hear ya. Can you imagine a RWD WRX? I would buy it, bro's be damned.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
I really respect Subaru, especially at autocross. The WRX will eat my lunch. But I don't want to pay the gas bill those fools do. You might use the AWD a few times a year, but you pay the weight penalty all of the time.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
I really respect Subaru, especially at autocross. The WRX will eat my lunch. But I don't want to pay the gas bill those fools do. You might use the AWD a few times a year, but you pay the weight penalty all of the time.

New ones are pretty decent in that department.

21/28. Plus, you do not buy for MPG.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
yeahhhhh.. new WRX is direct injected, getting quite respectable numbers. In the real world testing, it beat the combined mpg of the 2015 GTI by 1mpg.

MaliciousMK6

Go Kart Champion

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
yeahhhhh.. new WRX is direct injected, getting quite respectable numbers. In the real world testing, it beat the combined mpg of the 2015 GTI by 1mpg.

BOOM.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
BOO-YAH.

Saw my buddy with his 2015 WRX last night when we went karting.. he is still very much liking it. I'm so jelly. Must get divorced....

Gberg2119

Ready to race!
Not in the latest C&D comparo. 22 combined for wrx and 26 for the gti. It was also another comparison in which the gti beat the new wrx. That's 2 so far. [emoji6]

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
My bud just picked up an '05 for $9k.... But 130k miles lol

Give me an 06 for $9k. I'd take that even at 130k miles.

Solid post. Pics of sister?

This.

But VW only offers the shitty Haldex based systems that are not really AWD all the time.

Consumer isn't going to know the difference. We will, of course. And I don't doubt that subie's awd is a better system for many reasons. But your average buyer is NFG to any of this stuff. Also, Subaru would have an uphill battle trying to convince the consumer that their AWD performance is worth more than the haldex system when VW can claim that theirs provides better mpg :iono:

butchered by autocorrecr