GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Street Touring Hatchback (STH) discussion/setup

pseudorealityx

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
I have enough camber that the front end gets a little squirrelly under really heavy braking. It's manageable, but also noticeable.
And your current camber/caster settings?

odessa.filez

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
I have just around -5 f, -2 r
have not had issues with corner exit, but I'm a piggybacked 1.8 so not as much power as some. I haven't had brake issues but not racing fast courses either.

I'd like to try more up front but haven't figured out how yet. Plan to get more in the back but don't know what stock arms allow.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
How close is the strut mount to the inside of the body? I was going to slot to add a little more but my camber plate is about to leave the flat part of the body

I'm on the Eurosport camber kit and slotted to get more neg camber. I have enough room.

xXDavidCXx

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
I have just around -5 f, -2 r
have not had issues with corner exit, but I'm a piggybacked 1.8 so not as much power as some. I haven't had brake issues but not racing fast courses either.

I'd like to try more up front but haven't figured out how yet. Plan to get more in the back but don't know what stock arms allow.
Rear is between -2.5 to -3. I have SPC rear uppers and the max is -3

odessa.filez

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
How much slotting did you do to gain the -0.5deg camber?

I don't remember, but I'm planning on doing Koni install this weekend, so I can measure then.

00Zero

Go Kart Newbie
I don't remember, but I'm planning on doing Koni install this weekend, so I can measure then.

Thanks for checking.

I don't know if it is much use but I did get some damping info straight from koni on the sports. This is at full soft, full hard would be double the rebound with no change to the compression.

8741 1571Sport
Tested @.13m/sec
Compression – 380N
Rebound – 650N

Tested @ .33m/sec
Compression – 500N
Rebound – 1000N

8240 1297Sport
Tested @.13m/sec
Compression – 310N
Rebound – 750N

Tested @ .33m/sec
Compression – 450N
Rebound – 1150N
Based on my novice back of the envelope calcs and assuming the APR springs are 20% stiffer than stock. (210 and 275lb/in f&r)

The fronts adjusted to about mid range and the rears on full soft should get you about 70% of critical at 3-5in/s all around. I know 65% is usually the target but we are limited by soft on the rears, but the fronts should be easy to turn lower for ride quality while adjustment in the rear is a huge PIA.

The rears seem to have pretty high rebound damping forces at full soft which is probably why some say the yellows are rougher then the Bilstein's (i assume no-one runs them at full soft)

-Jonathan

pseudorealityx

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
-3.2 front
-2.7 rear
between 9.1-9.5 caster
zero toe both ends

~13.375" from hub center to fender in front. 13.25" from hub to fender in rear.

pseudorealityx

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
FYI...
2017 SE, trunk junk pulled out, but still stock cat-back, battery, and a hitch on it. That's with the Apex 17x9s and RT660's
3160 lbs, ~62/38 weight distribution

Got my cross weights too 51/49... close enough.