GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Street Touring Hatchback (STH) discussion/setup

xXDavidCXx

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
@xXDavidCXx that sounds exactly the same to me. So you added the catch can and never had it again?
Yes, as long as the can is not full, it does the job. I had to get a larger reservoir, 10 oz vs 6 oz, to keep up on some courses.

Tough day to have this issue. It happened to me at the 2019 Nationals, and other events that year, before I fixed the issue.

The sound was followed by power cutting and often dash lights.

pseudorealityx

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
sounds worth it, but there is an inside story to the photo...
well-waiting.gif

xXDavidCXx

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
This was my 6th trip to SCCA's Solo Nationals at Lincoln Airpark.

2009: BSP S2000 (STR trim) 26/26
2010: STR S2000 27/51
2011: STR S2000 30/64
2015: STR S2000 28/60

After the 2015 nats I quit autocrossing for a while.

July 2017 purchased my GTI but it was not until July 7, 2019 that I got back into autocrossing.
2019: STH 8/18
2021: STH 7/22 First National trophy

To be honest, finishing 7th didn't feel that great, but getting a trophy because enough drivers showed up made everything great!

The best part was getting to meet the rest of the STH crowd and joking around about this forum and putting faces to names.

I'd like to think that this thread helped everyone involved, though Eric has what I would call the "wrong" setup, so it shows that anyone can win with the right talent.

I'm really proud of Brad and Eric for pulling off podium wins!

Here are my videos

Day 1

Day 2
\

IMG_0451(2).JPG

Last edited:

bfury5

Autocross Champion
Agreed with David - the STH folks were all great fun and it was awesome to meet everyone in person. Courses were a lot of fun - I struggled more with the east course than I think I should have, but that's autocross for ya

pseudorealityx

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
I'd like to think that this thread helped everyone involved, though Eric has what I would call the "wrong" setup, so it shows that anyone can win with the right talent.
What's Eric's setup?

w124_karl

Ready to race!
I‘m glad I got to meet at least some of you in person! (I’m Aaron’s codriver in the blue TT)