GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage 3 Golf R Owner - AMA - 515+ AWHP 467 AWTQ - DBV2 Hybrid, Built Block - All the goodies.

Optima

Ready to race!
Hey folks,

Just figured I'd lend my hand to answering some questions about Stage 3 builds for folks by doing an AMA (Ask Me Anything).

Got questions? I've got answers. I'll do my best to represent all brands, but am obviously speaking to the brands I'm familiar with.

My Mod List: https://bit.ly/crismon7r

My car made 515AWHP and 467 AWTQ @33PSI on E85 on the old setup (pre bigger 4" downpipe, charge pipe upgrade and bigger custome intake) - and I think it's closer to about 540WHP or so now since we've lowered the Duty Rate on the Wastegate and upped it to 34PSI of boost. Need to put her back on the Dyno to know for sure.

Car has been incredibly reliable.

@Crismon7R on Instagram for additional photos and such.

golfR.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-08-18 at 2.49.28 PM.png

Gptuners

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
Did this snowball from a daily driver, it was this a shop car that was always destined to be built this much?

Optima

Ready to race!
Did this snowball from a daily driver, it was this a shop car that was always destined to be built this much?

Yeah - Daily Driver - Started at Stage 1. Then it got slow. Then went Stage 2. Then that got slow. Now it's where it is and I'm out of mods - and it's done so time to head to a new project. I'm thinking maybe I build a Blown Motor RX8 and swap in an LS and then Twin Turbo it. Dreams I guess.

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
That's where I'm at with my car too. I'm thinking of buying a 350z and making it a full blown track car

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
Does Stillen still offer a supercharger kit the 350Z?
I actually don't know. I have no interest in going over 285 whp in it because it'll be only a track car. I can get in enough trouble with that much power

staying_tuned

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 Mark 7 Golf R
Great results, I’d be very interested in hearing where you f’d up along the way. If there are any regrets, and if so, at which point would you have pivoted or stopped.

Thanks in advance!