GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sounds like APR is Going Down

DaveSTR

Go Kart Champion
'Don't doubt that APR will probably have a bright future under Mangrove. Just very different and with a sensible business approach.'

Quote above from and earlier post- Stating how it should have been run to begin with?? LOL! Mis-management lame product/wasted development and waste on corporate ego....Im so shocked lol!

RRacerguy717

Go Kart Champion
'Don't doubt that APR will probably have a bright future under Mangrove. Just very different and with a sensible business approach.'

Quote above from and earlier post- Stating how it should have been run to begin with?? LOL! Mis-management lame product/wasted development and waste on corporate ego....Im so shocked lol!

This what happens when you try to take over the "tuning world" Lol , by bash all your competitors with misinformation and scare tactics, force out your longtime hardware manufacturer partners and try to take everything IN House karma a bitch lol

Its one thing to design a part but mass producing them with no expereince and manufactoring oversite with limited QC and having NO deadlines !!!!! Is another .

They took there eye off most profitable and what they do best is SW and have NO accountability and just let the wheel turn slowly within and have that "where working on it " attitude.

Im sure there Motorsport, espec when they went racing the R8 was a cash cow and poor business decision.

Hopefully new mangment makes a clean sweep there of all the arrogant people that over hipe things and under deliver just to make a sale . If your products are great they speak for them self and your customers will do all the talking !!!!!!!

They also need to listen to there customer's wants , needs and complaints and solve them quickly and dont promise things they dont end up delivering . Bob G

Jaber

Modero
Posted over at Vortex, figure I'd share.

I don't have a dog in this race, but before this gets too out of control on the rumors front...

APR isn't closing doors. They took on investment partners a year ago. There wouldn't be a major expansion of their building if they were going out of business. They have always paid their bills with us on time and we've never had any issues.

Any time you take on investment partners they are going to look critically at how you run your business and will very likely make changes they think are better for the business. Those changes can be painful but are sometimes necessary to tighten the belt, achieve better profitability and ensure long-term success. That said, the investors likely want to run the company their way and that might be different than how it was run previously. That's the assumed risk you take when you bring on investors.

- jamie

PrayforMojo

Go Kart Champion
They'll probably trim back on less profitable product lines and keep the GTI and other large volume stuff going. I sort of wondered at times how they could afford R&D on somewhat obscure models like the TTRS. Sounds like they got too big for their britches with jets and other shit. At least they found a cash injection instead of disappearing out of the blue one night. Its a good brand and there is definitely value there.

krische

vdubber in training
Has there always been this much hate for APR here? I guess I'm not that active on here, but I got my Stage 1 APR tune like 3 years ago and I've been pleased with it ever since.

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Car(s)
'15 LSG Golf R
I find it interesting that APR and its upper management get criticized for how they spent money. I'm not sure how many of you realize that APR has existed for years at the whim and pleasure of its now ex-CEO Stephen Hooks, who financed the company using his own personal fortune.

He spent many years racing (just research the origins of the name APR), and among other series competed in Grand Am. The APR motorsports team was a continuation of that, and a great way to test and validate APR products and technology. He was at Fastivus earlier this year and was driving APR cars on the track, most people who ran into him wouldn't have known who he is because he is an unassuming, down-to-Earth guy.

You can bet that the motorsports team and jet were NOT being paid for by selling ECU tunes to VW enthusiasts.

Criticize him all you want, but the man literally put his money where his mouth is, and many of you directly benefited from that.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
You can bet that the motorsports team and jet were NOT being paid for by selling ECU tunes to VW enthusiasts.

From the sounds of it they weren't getting paid at all :laugh: