GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sounds like APR is Going Down

Find it funny that I mention the buyout on APR's FB feed regarding their "big news" and now I'm banned from commenting on their facebook page.

Zillon

Go Kart Champion
They'll probably trim back on less profitable product lines and keep the GTI and other large volume stuff going. I sort of wondered at times how they could afford R&D on somewhat obscure models like the TTRS. Sounds like they got too big for their britches with jets and other shit. At least they found a cash injection instead of disappearing out of the blue one night. Its a good brand and there is definitely value there.

The bread and butter products allow them to do projects like the TTRS.

wolfsburgfanatic

This is more seriousser than the iphone 6 launch.

This lol. I've loved APR since getting my 1.8t flashed in 2004 and was looking forward to APR stg2 on my wife's Edition30 GLI next year. I understand they're not closing their doors and hopefully will continue to prosper under new ownership, but this is a big shakeup and makes me second guess going with them until we see how it all plays out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mustache rash

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI
^why would you second guess them? Even if they go under your file would still be good. I ran their stage 2 software for 3 years without a hitch, never needed support after the flash. Ran great.

I'm sure they will be fine.....

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Agreed, their tunes are great and the software guys are real wizards.

Halvie

WOOSA
Yeah, such wizards that after a year and a half I still have a bullshit tune that misfires like crazy.

Sheep? That would be you people thinking they have never done anything wrong.

And, again, not only are they not wizards, but they are scummy people as well. That is of course if you believe the wizards don't know the difference between gli gears and gti gears.

Halvie

WOOSA
Thinking that they have never done anything wrong is just as bad as thinking they have done only wrong...

Do you image that tuning wizards would know the difference between a 4th gear that ends at 147, one that ends at 130, and one that ends at 116?

If so, how do you explain multiple employees lying to a customer's face?

Does that sound like someone who isn't a piece of shit to you?

How would you explain a shop manager telling a customer that the gear list he sent them isn't the gear list of a gli? Only admitting that it isn't when forwarded a VW press release?

Does this sound like someone who isn't a piece of shit to you?

If I posted zip files with emails containing apr employees asking me to slander their competitors, would you say those people aren't pieces of shit?

Why am I stuck with a shitty tune after giving them my car for a year and a half? Certainly that is something that is only done by the best tuning companies this aftermarket has to offer.

How many motors did Scott Saxton go through? 5 or 6? Clearly they are also world renowned engine builders as well?

Or David Mak? Another 3 blown motors or so?

Or Arin's s4? 3 blown motors?

How many blown motors for MaxR now? Another 3 or 4?

Masters of everything vw/audi.

Last edited: