GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Show Us Your Intake!

sage149

Ready to race!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
My APR. Couldn't fit the Spulen coolant hose without forcing against the intake.

Looks great I have one on the way. Ill probably purchase the carbon inlet pipe just to give it more style.

blazter

Ready to race!
Looks great I have one on the way. Ill probably purchase the carbon inlet pipe just to give it more style.

The carbon pipe looks great. No gains though.

Bawlti

Ready to race!
Autotech intake with VWR panel filter and CTS turbo inlet pipe

Big nice flow all the way from the box to the turbo. Cheap intake system, but it does the job done for a stage 2 setup.

I installed the intake first. I definitly felt power gains in the upper rpms. Someone here dynoed a 10 whp gain on the stock tune, I feel like it's even more when paired with a stage 2 tune. I would have love to get a fiber carbone intake, but couldn't justify myself to spend that much and I don't think the panel filter does a worse job than a cone filter. This intake looks like an expensive replacement for the stock box, but it's bigger and the gains are proven. The figures must be really close to any other closed intake system.

I installed the CTS turbo inlet pipe 2 weeks after to complete my setup. Not sure about the gains, but the quicker turbo spoil is really noticeable and improves the driving experience. 10/10 would recommand, and CTS has regular discounts.

As for sound, I can't really tell because my catless downpipe is overkilling the sound from the engine bay. I don't really hear a difference, if there is one it's subtle.

Finally, I'm looking for a mod for my front air duct. Not sure I want to drill my stock part...

IMG_20161012_131732.jpg
IMG_20161012_131656.jpg

Last edited:

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
Very nice, Bawlti! To be honest, I'm pretty sure what you have there is really all that any of us really need.

Last edited:

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
Very nice, Bawlti! To be honest, I'm pretty sure what you have there is really all that any of us really need.
This. But I'm very cheap and staying stock intake lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

mk6-k

Ready to race!
Did you open up the front of the grill, it'll make a difference mid to higher RPM's. I have the same setup except for the CTS Turbo inlet pipe and I'm APR II.

Autotech intake with VWR panel filter and CTS turbo inlet pipe

Big nice flow all the way from the box to the turbo. Cheap intake system, but it does the job done for a stage 2 setup.

I installed the intake first. I definitly felt power gains in the upper rpms. Someone here dynoed a 10 whp gain on the stock tune, I feel like it's even more when paired with a stage 2 tune. I would have love to get a fiber carbone intake, but couldn't justify myself to spend that much and I don't think the panel filter does a worse job than a cone filter. This intake looks like an expensive replacement for the stock box, but it's bigger and the gains are proven. The figures must be really close to any other closed intake system.

I installed the CTS turbo inlet pipe 2 weeks after to complete my setup. Not sure about the gains, but the quicker turbo spoil is really noticeable and improves the driving experience. 10/10 would recommand, and CTS has regular discounts.

As for sound, I can't really tell because my catless downpipe is overkilling the sound from the engine bay. I don't really hear a difference, if there is one it's subtle.

Finally, I'm looking for a mod for my front air duct. Not sure I want to drill my stock part...

View attachment 11517
View attachment 11518

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Anyone running the Injen Evo3000? Thoughts on it? IS38 is seeking a new intake..

I was looking into that one as well. I wanted to see if anyone did any dyno testing that intake vs APR.

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
I was looking into that one as well. I wanted to see if anyone did any dyno testing that intake vs APR.

I ended up with the APR just because it's more common. The Evo3000 looks great for the price, but I borrowed a friends APR intake in the past and it worked great when I was just stage 2.

Cyrk

Passed Driver's Ed

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
Just installed the APR with the spulen coolant hose. I want to get the carbon fiber inlet section some time soon.

elamothe15

Ready to race!
How frequently (how many miles) should you take off the cone filters (neuspeed, CTS, etc.) to wash, clean, and re-oil?

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
How frequently (how many miles) should you take off the cone filters (neuspeed, CTS, etc.) to wash, clean, and re-oil?

I do it quite often. My vwr drop in filter had about 7,000 miles before I removed it and cleaned it with the k&n kit and it was pretty dirty.