GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Show Us Your Intake!

VipAlexS

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello GTI Owners!

Please post a picture, video, specs & price of your intake system. This should help all the new owners to make the right decision on their next intake.

Cheers!

MikeNickles

Ready to race!
Injen Intake

Absolutely love it. Tight fit for install. Looks good, not as good as more expensive ones but you are still getting the nearly the same amount of gains for $100 less. Sounds absolutely great. Intoxicating when you're in 2-3rd gear and up."WHOOOOOSH!"

vdub7

Passed Driver's Ed
I've been thinking about the Injen intake because of the price. But does anyone have any dyno runs with it? The pipe doesn't seem like it's bigger than the stock one.

VipAlexS

Passed Driver's Ed
I've been thinking about the Injen intake because of the price. But does anyone have any dyno runs with it? The pipe doesn't seem like it's bigger than the stock one.
Hi Vdub7,

Going with an Injen intake is not a bad idea, they've been there for awhile now. The pipe size doesn't make the difference, it's at the end of the pipe that does.

The original intake almost every car comes stock in a restricted box. They want to prevent any water, liquid contact. If the intake sucks up water, you motor will HydroLock and Motor is no longer good (Basically imagine you going underwater and taking a deep breath not a good idea)

Because the orignal intake is in a closed box, the air is worm & could only suck the air in the box. Where you after market intake will breath 10x better since it's in open air. That's why you hear them sucking all the air in.

I don't want to make this reply too long :p You'll win an extra 3-4hp it will get rid of your Turbo Lag. It will be more Throttle Happy :) To have the 10-17hp extra like stated under every intake... You would have to go with a Cold Air Intake change the header, exhaust and flash the ECU

Hope this helped :)