GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rev'n Step MK7 Videos!

Deviation01

Go Kart Champion
Hi everyone,
I got this idea from Wrath and Tears member on here which I think its great. I make YouTube videos and my channel name is Rev'n Step. It has a lot of mk7 installs and reviews that the majority of new MK7 owners could find useful. To not clutter with new threads I will keep all the new videos here and bump this thread.

Lates Video: (this is where I will post all the newest videos)
How reliable have my aftermarket parts been?
https://youtu.be/uswYuUOr6s8
Here is a link to the channel for all the other views. Please feel free to browse it and if you haven't subscribed yet do so :)
https://www.youtube.com/revnstep

Thank you,
Deviation

Last edited:

Banned
He isn't the smartest guy, all you have to do is watch one of his bashing videos to figure that out.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Neither does the guy that sells chinese LEDs and xenon "upgrade" kits - he's not even a site sponsor of any kind. So if this guy wants to promote his YouTube channel, why not?

That's what I'm talking about. Everyone making money from the efforts of the site owner should need to pay for a sponsorship. I doubt they make enough to fully compensate them for their time and expenses. The only exception should be for personal sale items.

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
We have very few site sponsors. This puts us in a very unique position as an enthusiast forum. In other forums site sponsors pressure site owners to remove negative posts about their products (and they do).

I can tell you I have been approached by most of the online vendors on here asking to have certain posts removed because it reflects negatively on their products/business.

I kindly tell them to go procreate with themselves.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
We have very few site sponsors. This puts us in a very unique position as an enthusiast forum. In other forums site sponsors pressure site owners to remove negative posts about their products (and they do).

I can tell you I have been approached by most of the online vendors on here asking to have certain posts removed because it reflects negatively on their products/business.

Deviation01

Go Kart Champion
Its interesting how everyone thinks a video with 1k views makes millions. Let me tell you it doesn't. If my channel gets big I wouldn't mind donating but making one dollar a day is not much. In addition, I think that some of my installation videos and reviews do help people on the forums.

Some transparency.
golfmk7 forums has contributed 342 views in november (which i am grateful for)
Google search has contributed 513 views in November
YouTube traffic has contributed 12717 views in November

I do appreciated the moderators letting me promote my channel here. The real reason behind it is trying to show people modifications options as I try different brands and how easy it is to install bolt ons.

The Fed and Co. can think that I make millions over the 300 plus views from golfmk7 forums but that is not the case.

Mars1

Ready to race!
I have a youtube channel with a few videos that have substantially more views than Deviation01's, and I can tell you from experience he is doing it more for fun and hobby than money... Give the guy a break already sheesh, there is some information that's usefull and entertaining for some GTI folks there so what's the problem?

volks6

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
Neither does the guy that sells chinese LEDs and xenon "upgrade" kits - he's not even a site sponsor of any kind. So if this guy wants to promote his YouTube channel, why not?

Yea and he complained enough about me to have me banned for a while and had my posts deleted. So that part about they not having any pull on the site is BS. Someone is getting a kickback from them.

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32

THANK YOU.

This is quite simply the reason I left Vortex and a few other forums over the years (though Vortex was the worst I've seen, easily). They defend their advertisers/sponsors 100% of the time –even when it's clear they fucked up– and they do censor posts and even remove/lock user threads when people talk about making something themselves, and even explicitly state they are not trying to make a profit, and float the idea to the community. I know because both of these things happened to me.

greggles

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
I honestly can't understand how vortex still exists as a forum. You actually have to search for the threads with actual owners.