GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rear Swaybar: H&R 24mm or Superpro 22mm for DD?

acorazza

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI 6MT
Disclaimer: I remember reading this on the forum but not sure exactly who said it but definitely no credit to me.

You can actually use the long bolts from from the end links (connects them to the control arms) to replace the ones from the exhaust hanger while you swap the sway bars. Only thread them in a few threads so they hold the exhaust not sure if the threads are exactly the same but everything seemed fine when I did it. They will let it fall low enough to work but it won't be hanging and putting stress on the exhaust. It also helps if you have someone that can hold up the exhaust while you swap the bolts.

You can also support it with something like a stand or even a box with the instead but this worked for me and I feel like it should be supported if possible.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Just remove the exhaust, it take 5 minutes. So much easier with it out of the way.

To quote the OG FF movie “you cant detail a car with the cover on”

I shot a DIY video, I’ll probably have it up on YouTube by the weekend

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
Wheels need to be unsprung, so I used 2 jack stands and just lifted rear of car in the air.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
On every car I've owned, I've upgraded the rear sway bar with the car on ramps. Never had an issue.

And I agree with Jake about removing the exhaust, it makes things much easier.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

On every car I've owned, I've upgraded the rear sway bar with the car on ramps. Never had an issue.

I was taught always replace suspension components with car unsprung, but if it works, then I guess go for it.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

or if on OEM, remove the hanger bolts from each side and let it hang...soooo much more room.

Mantz921

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
18 Tiggy SEL APR
Great video! Thanks for putting that together.

Why the 26mm vs the 24mm RSB? I’m planning on the upgrade next, and torn between the two. Had H&R on my mk6, but it was adjustable.

edrex

Ready to race!
Are new end links necessary when changing the rear sway bar?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Not sure if its necessary, but from what I understand the stock ones are plastic and a pair of Moog end links is relatively cheap as far as upgrades go.

geokilla

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI DSG
Here’s a diy install video I put together tonight for anyone interested.

Is there a specific amount of torque required for the bolts? Or did you just hand torque them?