GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rear Swaybar: H&R 24mm or Superpro 22mm for DD?

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
good question man. I don’t know, I had my friend install it. Dropped the car off at his place over the weekend. If it’s that simple that’d be sweet, I’d love to keep my current bar for sheer convenience lol.
They have a relief slit in the boot. If you've got a grease gun and some heavy duty lithium or synthetic grease just give them a pump or two and see if anything comes out. If they inflate and green grease eventually comes out, they were not filled and still have the shelf life grease they're shipped with. Keep pumping until you flush, repeat other endlink.

If you want to make it easier on yourself pick up a LockNLube Zerk grease gun fitting. Well worth the cost, and it comes with a rebuild kit should you need it down the line. Also comes in a XL form that's longer. Picked up the normal one and a cheap grease gun off Amazon as Moog recommends regreasing/flushing every oil change (7k-10k miles stock)

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Which front brace? There’s so many parts for the platform these days I really can’t keep up anymore lol. You can even buy a $5K rear haldex diff for MK7 haldex cars.
Euro sport. Ordered from ECS I think for the free shipping:
https://www.eurosportacc.com/products/18070-euro-sport-front-stress-bar-vw-mk7-mk7-5-gti-golf-golf-r

There is also this one I almost bought, but I'll be getting their rear as it's a single low bar that connects at the luggage hooks rather than an X or K brace. Use the rear/back seat down with the dogs and they can step over that one.
https://www.ecodetuning.com/ec0111-0302-eurocode-8v-mk7-mqb-front-chassis-brace.html?category_id=659

Both come in a set with the rear I believe too if you want to look into that.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
They have a relief slit in the boot. If you've got a grease gun and some heavy duty lithium or synthetic grease just give them a pump or two and see if anything comes out. If they inflate and green grease eventually comes out, they were not filled and still have the shelf life grease they're shipped with. Keep pumping until you flush, repeat other endlink.

If you want to make it easier on yourself pick up a LockNLube Zerk grease gun fitting. Well worth the cost, and it comes with a rebuild kit should you need it down the line. Also comes in a XL form that's longer. Picked up the normal one and a cheap grease gun off Amazon as Moog recommends regreasing/flushing every oil change (7k-10k miles stock)

oh you’re talking about to moog Endlinks, not the superpro bar. I specifically instructed the service manager to have the tech grease the endlinks, though I did note it wasn’t captured on the write up. I will text him, he’ll make it right if the guy didn’t.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
oh you’re talking about to moog Endlinks, not the superpro bar. I specifically instructed the service manager to have the tech grease the endlinks, though I did note it wasn’t captured on the write up. I will text him, he’ll make it right if the guy didn’t.
Not sure if the Superpro is greaseable. I know some are, some are teflon coated. ST was teflon and didn't require greasing for the sway bushings.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Not sure if the Superpro is greaseable. I know some are, some are teflon coated. ST was teflon and didn't require greasing for the sway bushings.

so yeah, I did tell the service manager the endlinks needed to be greased, and all the job was was oil change rotation and end link install. So if the tech didn’t grease it that’s pretty annoying. But I will verify that by re-greasing and if it continues I’m getting the H&R bar.

interestingly, service manager at smith said they stopped carrying superpro products because of so many noise issues.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI

Are you talking about the coupler or the swivel?

Attachments

• 7A25C867-1655-437C-9711-48506FBD0716.png
    7A25C867-1655-437C-9711-48506FBD0716.png
    252.3 KB · Views: 64
  • 8AAE4EE9-C66B-4362-9481-3DE1CAAC4C4B.png
    8AAE4EE9-C66B-4362-9481-3DE1CAAC4C4B.png
    205.6 KB · Views: 59

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Are you talking about the coupler or the swivel?
Coupler. Fits any grease gun. Push down the lever and four teeth extend out of the barrel and clamp around the zerk fitting so i doesn't pop off while you're filling. Works really well for securing it so you don't have to crawl under the car and hold the nozzle, just be able to reach the fitting nipple and connect it.

Edit: Link for regular and XL:
https://www.amazon.com/LockNLube-fi...YA7BVZ4CT6X&psc=1&refRID=CH0PNZQRMYA7BVZ4CT6X
https://www.amazon.com/LockNLube-Grease-Gun-Coupler-XL/dp/B06Y2GBFFT

Last edited:

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
26mm H&R was perfect even with stock suspension.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI

Just spoke to the dealership, service manager said the tech stated "I gave each endlink 3 pumps and they visibly inflated and some grease came out, so they should be well-greased." I believe them, they're a good shop (Smith VW). I'm replacing my superpro bar with H&R now.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
First time I greased the moog endings, I made a huge mess. Lol.