GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rear Swaybar: H&R 24mm or Superpro 22mm for DD?

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
H&R in the Mk6 were silent.

Superpros in the Mk7 creak like a pirate ship.
Sounds like the wrong lubricant was used.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Good choice. Add the alignment I recommend and some good tires. It'll be a world class handler.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Still has a long ways to go. Needs new struts or coilovers (VWR on OEM now), more camber/caster up front and a LSD.

I’m in no rush it’s a daily a put a ton of miles on. Probably won’t do the LSD till the next clutch change

MK7Boostedbliss

Passed Driver's Ed
You mean the Super Pro supplied lubricant?

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
Was it a white almost clear super tacky/sticky lube? If yes then that's correct poly bushing lube. Whiteline sent me some weird almost CV axle grease that I didn't use for some other poly bushings I used before. If I recall my super pro control arm bushings came with true poly lube.

With my otherwise stock suspension.i feel at times maybe the 25mm bar is too stiff and wonder how the 22mm oem bar would ride? In the corners etc the 25mm bar does feel great though! I also added emd end links and those made an enormous positive difference in ride quality.

While I haven't tried a 22mm bar it probably is the best ride offering street bar size.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I gave my 18 GTI to my son and put the stock PP rear bar off my 19 on it, then put the 26mm on the 19.

I feel no difference in comfort.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I have the Nuespeed 25 MM RSB on my 18 SE and I'm very happy with it. Car is very neutral in cornering now.

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
I have the H&R. I highly recommend it.

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
The 3 best mods you can make to a GTI are a big ass rear bar, good tires, and stg 1 tune.

It's the car VW should have sold us.

That is a solid top 3 but I'm now finding a lot of sway bar options to be too stiff after doing a full suspension upgrade including 034 bars. Even soft might be a little too stiff so I definitely recommend an adjustable bar if you're planning to add coilovers or a front bar.
Going too big/stiff may feel sporty and while it's awesome sliding around corners it can bite you at high speeds. Just something to keep in mind if you go down the suspension rabbit hole

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
Superpro supplied lubricant was used and everything was assembled to specification with new fasteners. Shit's just creaky.
I believe you. The product I linked you to works wonders though.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
Superpro supplied lubricant was used and everything was assembled to specification with new fasteners. Shit's just creaky.
I would double check the sway bar brackets and endlinks first. A lubricated bushing won't be the cause of noise, something else is going on

edrex

Ready to race!
Just ordered the 24mm H&R from emnotek for $268/shipped.