GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Post your VW Driver Gear spring setup.

SPLR337

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019/1997 GTI
Damn thanx for the pic. Mine will be similar to yours. 15\20 spacers. Was that picture taken after the springs had settled all the way?
Picture was taken yesterday. I think I put the suspension on in early May. Been about 2k miles or so.

Fcs003

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Gti mk7.5
Picture was taken yesterday. I think I put the suspension on in early May. Been about 2k miles or so.

I'm new to all of this and only have the money to do it once.
When i search for new struts mounts and bearings, usually only the fronts show up. Do I need to replace strut mounts and bearings for the front and the rear?
I want to order all the parts and show up to the mechanic with everything needed in hand.
As far as i can see from this thread, I need to show up with:
1. New struts mounts and bearings (for front and rear)?
2. New Hardware (just pinch bolts and nuts?)
3. DG springs

can you think of anything else that I need?
thx

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
FRONT. https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/audi-vw-strut-mount-kit-sachs-kit-802696kt1
REAR https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/vw-shock-mount-kit-sachs-kit-803010kt1

comes with everything you need, especially lifetime warranty.

When I did my springs I only installed the front mount and not the rears since I was at 20k miles at the time. Still running good. If you got a high mileage or just want to replace both for peace of mind go for it.

What you need....
DG springs, TT-pads for rear (if you have manual), and the links above. That's about it from what I remember.

hotbascosauce

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE DSG W/DCC
I feel like my DG springs are way lower than everyone else’s. So I bought the springs used from someone who had leased their car. Gonna guess somewhere around 30k miles on them. I put them on my car at 3000 miles and I’m at 15,000 miles now. Maybe I’m imagining things but it feels more bouncy. Im running the stock DCC shocks. My current wheel and tire setup is OZ Leggera HLT 19x8 +45 w/ 10mm spacers all around and 235/35r19 Michelin PSS.
97E25A3A-5972-4A12-BD46-513ACB671F2B.jpeg

D213E7EF-7776-4ABA-8401-DDEB866108CC.jpeg

B84A399E-F571-486E-9EDC-5FF73AE7711E.jpeg

(stickers were peeled off immediately after the rally)

SPLR337

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019/1997 GTI
FRONT. https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/audi-vw-strut-mount-kit-sachs-kit-802696kt1
REAR https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/vw-shock-mount-kit-sachs-kit-803010kt1

comes with everything you need, especially lifetime warranty.

When I did my springs I only installed the front mount and not the rears since I was at 20k miles at the time. Still running good. If you got a high mileage or just want to replace both for peace of mind go for it.

What you need....
DG springs, TT-pads for rear (if you have manual), and the links above. That's about it from what I remember.
FCP is great. I believe I ordered this kit when I did mine, from Urotuning

https://www.urotuning.com/products/...gen-8v-a3?currency=USD&variant=31876149379127

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I feel like my DG springs are way lower than everyone else’s. So I bought the springs used from someone who had leased their car. Gonna guess somewhere around 30k miles on them. I put them on my car at 3000 miles and I’m at 15,000 miles now. Maybe I’m imagining things but it feels more bouncy. Im running the stock DCC shocks. My current wheel and tire setup is OZ Leggera HLT 19x8 +45 w/ 10mm spacers all around and 235/35r19 Michelin PSS.

(stickers were peeled off immediately after the rally)
def looks lower (better) than other DG pics, plus you are also running a taller tire that stock so while that adds to ground clearance it also shrinks the fender gap by about 1/4" to create that lower illusion look.

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
This is exactly what I want. 19inch wheels with a decent tire that will get rid of that gap and make it look flush.

went with these springs to keep an OEM+ ride without sacrificing much when driving daily. With the flooding I get on my block and all the sewers sticking out made me wanna go this route. I don't want the trouble of not being able to drive home behind my neighborhood looks like a river.

TCdaosithui

Ready to race!
How do you like the ride of 235/40/18 tires on you stock rims? I'm considering doing the same to pair with DG springs
I like the ride but I have other mods, too, flush kit, sway bars, and braces :D
IMG_20210627_114404~2.jpg

SPLR337

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019/1997 GTI
So you bought this kit + B8's + Driver Gear Springs + TT Pads... Is that it?
Yes. Email the website you plan on ordering the B8s from prior to placing the order. A lot of times they are listed as in stock, but are actually back ordered. I canceled my first order because of that and went with a place that confirmed that they had them physically in stock.

If doing them yourself, order the spreader tool for the knuckles. Make sure it is for VW.

Also, depending on how to plan on doing your suspension, you might want to pick up axle bolts for peace of mind. Not required for 2x4 method. And make sure to torque all bolts with the suspension under load.

Fcs003

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Gti mk7.5
The tire rubs a little bit on big dips at highway speeds but that isn't very frequent. I would have done the TT pads again as from what I can see on my car the rear sits only slightly higher over the front. I'm very happy with this setup as I wanted a something that was roughly 60-70% sporty and 40-30% comfort and I think this setup achieves that.
Newbie question. With your current wheel/spacer set up… are your wheels more tucked in or more spread out than stock set up (18”X7.5” et 51) with 15/20mm spacers?

*Considering putting 235’s on my stock wheels along with the same suspension kit you have. Wondering if it would rub. *also, did you do the fender screw mod?

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Hey,
My setup is similar to using stock wheels with the 15/20mm spacers. The fender screw mod would probably alleviate any rubbing but I haven't gotten around to doing that.

Clem