GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Post your VW Driver Gear spring setup.

Fcs003

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Gti mk7.5
I know some people on here have DG springs + Stock wheels & tires (51 et / 225/40/18 tires) + 15\20 mm spacers… but does anyone have this exact setup with 235/40/18 tires?

Curious if you have any rubbing issues.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
I installed the DG springs at just 4500km of ownership. When I installed the DG springs I also replaced the strut mounts+bearings as it is costly if I didn't and ran into issues with noise and whatnot after the install. I used the DG springs with the stock shocks for an additional 40,000km's and the shocks still felt fine at the time I replaced them. FWIW here is the car as it stands now with DG springs and Bilstein B8 shocks. The Audi TT spring pads are still installed on the car.

View attachment 218534

Which DG spring part numbers did you get?

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI

Fcs003

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Gti mk7.5
FRONT. https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/audi-vw-strut-mount-kit-sachs-kit-802696kt1
REAR https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/vw-shock-mount-kit-sachs-kit-803010kt1

comes with everything you need, especially lifetime warranty.

When I did my springs I only installed the front mount and not the rears since I was at 20k miles at the time. Still running good. If you got a high mileage or just want to replace both for peace of mind go for it.

What you need....
DG springs, TT-pads for rear (if you have manual), and the links above. That's about it from what I remember.
Do you mind posting a pic of your car when you had stock wheels/dg springs/flush kit?

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
I'm planning on going 235's on the tires. Hopefully, I don't rub with 15mm/20mm spacers
IMG_0818.JPG
IMG_4879.jpg

TCdaosithui

Ready to race!
Does it ever rub with 235’s/flush kit?
no rubbing while turning and over dip up to 35 mph (had the fender screw removed) but faster than that front tires will rub even with stock setup.
my ECS flush kit is 10/15 not 15/20

Last edited:

Fcs003

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Gti mk7.5
no rubbing while turning and over dip up to 35 mph (had the fender screw removed) but faster than that front tires will rub even with stock setup.
my ECS flush kit is 10/15 not 15/20
Oh okay. Currently I have 15/20 on stock wheels/tires and suspension and haven’t noticed any rubbing but maybe I missed it. About to install driver gears and I don’t want to rub. Thinking I should probably reduce my spacer sizes.

Fcs003

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Gti mk7.5
FRONT. https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/audi-vw-strut-mount-kit-sachs-kit-802696kt1
REAR https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/vw-shock-mount-kit-sachs-kit-803010kt1

comes with everything you need, especially lifetime warranty.

When I did my springs I only installed the front mount and not the rears since I was at 20k miles at the time. Still running good. If you got a high mileage or just want to replace both for peace of mind go for it.

What you need....
DG springs, TT-pads for rear (if you have manual), and the links above. That's about it from what I remember

I'm planning on going 235's on the tires. Hopefully, I don't rub with 15mm/20mm spacers
View attachment 219246View attachment 219247
So your tires never rub with 225's? I am about to install b8's, dg's, tt's and im not sure if i should decrease my spacers from 15/20 to something lower. I see some people have rubbing with 15/20's. Does your car scrape on steep inclines,driveways?

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
Tbh I don't think I rub at all. I hit some decent dips on the road and don't get any noise. There was ONE time that I hit a steep dip by my house fast and heard a quick noise. Imo tires look and have enough clearance. I was looking at it today and I think 235s may rub since the 15mm/20mm targets a perfect flush fitment. For the inclines/ driveways it all depends on how you take it. If you go straight into it your bumper may kiss the concrete and scrape (depending how steep of angle) I got scrapes under my bumper for overthinking on inclines when I first started driving low lol. Just take it at an angle and you won't scrape at all

Fcs003

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Gti mk7.5
Tbh I don't think I rub at all. I hit some decent dips on the road and don't get any noise. There was ONE time that I hit a steep dip by my house fast and heard a quick noise. Imo tires look and have enough clearance. I was looking at it today and I think 235s may rub since the 15mm/20mm targets a perfect flush fitment. For the inclines/ driveways it all depends on how you take it. If you go straight into it your bumper may kiss the concrete and scrape (depending how steep of angle) I got scrapes under my bumper for overthinking on inclines when I first started driving low lol. Just take it at an angle and you won't scrape at all
Thanks for the details. I guess I shouldn’t fret about my spacers. Are you in Michelin’s?

SPLR337

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019/1997 GTI
I run 10mm spacers in front, 17.5mm spacers in the rear, but I also have the TT pads. PS4S tires in the OEM 225/40 size. No rubbing ever. I would probably go to 20mm in the rear if I still had a spare set laying around.

Fcs003

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Gti mk7.5
I run 10mm spacers in front, 17.5mm spacers in the rear, but I also have the TT pads. PS4S tires in the OEM 225/40 size. No rubbing ever. I would probably go to 20mm in the rear if I still had a spare set laying around.
We’re gonna have the same set up basically. Your tires look so much better than stocks. Do they make a noticeable difference for driving?

SPLR337

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019/1997 GTI
We’re gonna have the same set up basically. Your tires look so much better than stocks. Do they make a noticeable difference for driving?
I like how they have a more square sidewall. As for driving, the tires are a night and day difference, as PS4S' are one of the best high performance summer tires available. The sidewall is stiff and the tires are a little noisier, but the grip is intense. Would love to add some camber to really get to enjoy them properly. Thinking about trying the new Michelin all seasons once it gets too cold to run these.