GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Post your VW Driver Gear spring setup.

HOT H2O

Drag Race Newbie

GTIdre1

Ready to race!
Curious.. Will 18x9 et35 wheels fit without fender mods when running the DGs? Ill have the TT pads as well since Im 6MT.

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
I bought from the dealership. They may say that they won’t fit your GTI, but they do.

I recently put DG springs on my Mk7.5 and when I was calling dealership I gave them the part number and was able to haggle the price down a bit just by mentioning I could get it from Deutche Auto Parts for a pretty good price. They are more flexible in the pricing than you would think. Will post pictures of ride after, don't have great pictures of before.

I was planning on ordering these springs for my regular Golf. I assume they won't drop it to the same level as the GTI with them installed? I just want to reduce my wheel gap a bit and take away the floaty feeling the Golf has.

The part number for my Golf is 5G4071677E.

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
I was planning on ordering these springs for my regular Golf. I assume they won't drop it to the same level as the GTI with them installed? I just want to reduce my wheel gap a bit and take away the floaty feeling the Golf has.

The part number for my Golf is 5G4071677E.

It will be the same final drop has a GTI.

However from a overall perspective it will drop your car about 1.6” and a GTI .75”.

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
It will be the same final drop has a GTI.

However from a overall perspective it will drop your car about 1.6” and a GTI .75”.

Oh wow. I'm not sure I want it lower than the normal GTI height. Now I'll have to think about it a while.

kingkhan

Ready to race!
Well it drops more than the GTI, but if I'm understanding correctly, the final height will be the same as the GTI

The regular golf rides higher than the GTI

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
Well it drops more than the GTI, but if I'm understanding correctly, the final height will be the same as the GTI

Springs control ride height, so the drop should be the same minus a slight bit of variance for weight difference.

cambs_gti

Passed Driver's Ed

The final height will be the same as a GTI that has also been dropped on DG springs, surely?

vulticGTI

Go Kart Newbie
I think that is what he means. I was hoping for a minor drop to about stock GTI ride height.

In the end the weight differences will take you just around stock GTI height. It will maybe be a bit lower by maybe .25" since the GTI drops from around .5"-.75". It'll be subtle and imo better since GTI looks like a 4x4 too

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
DG Springs installed yesterday with 245/40-18