hotbascosauce

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE DSG W/DCC
272241B0-CFE6-4F41-840A-5720930F4756.jpeg

DG Springs w/ 19” OEM S3 wheels.

AERO

Go Kart Newbie
I used to have a mk7 gti and ended up swapping to a mk7 GLI.

I am looking to do a modest lowering. My GLI does have DCC. I am looking for the most modest (least drop) setup.

From my search, I believe these DG springs are the way to go?

Am I right or is there another very modest drop setup out there?

Thanks

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
From my search, I believe these DG springs are the way to go?
Am I right or is there another very modest drop setup out there?
The springs that are avaliable with a modest drop are the DG, H&R OE Sport, and I believe there is an Eibach kit but I just cant remember the name of them.

dunkelweizen

Go Kart Newbie
The springs that are avaliable with a modest drop are the DG, H&R OE Sport, and I believe there is an Eibach kit but I just cant remember the name of them.

The Eibach kit that is closest to the DG Springs is the Eibach Euro Pro Kit (Linear). The US market set is progressive. H&R OE Sport is also progressive. If you want springs that will work best with DCC, stick with linear springs. Lots of info and impression on the Eibach Euro Pro Kit in the following link:
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/linear-eibachs-for-gti.349310/

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
Nice looking set up! I recently ordered to the Konig Ultraform (18x8.5et42) and I'm torn between the 245 and 235 tires on a lowered set up. What's your experience with fitment and rubbing plus right quality between the 2 tires?

Simple as bending the tab on the fender liner screw.

A simple 10 min fix.

iSpeed

Passed Driver's Ed
I appreciate the info posted above.

I'll compare them to the DG springs. I definitely want small drop

I have this set up and it tits!
Bilstein B8 struts & shocks paired with the Eibach (euro) Prokit linear springs. The drop is only¾" all around from stock and it will not settle anymore from there.

The linear springs are what makes the height just right and they are a predictable spring since they don't have a spring rate change like progressive springs.

I went from stock struts & shocks with VWR springs which were too low for my city roads and the ride was shit(bouncy and loose in the corners). Now it's the car is night and day difference, rides smoother, better feel in the corners and every quieter too.

Here are 2 links that explain why Bilstein is so good over the other guys.

Sry, I got off topic here.

Last edited:

Royalion

Ready to race!
I have this set up and it tits!
Bilstein B8 struts & shocks paired with the Eibach (euro) Project linear springs. The drop is only¾" all around from stock and it will not settle anymore from there.

The linear springs are what makes the height just right and they are a predictable spring since they don't have a spring rate change like progressive springs.

I went from stock struts & shocks with VWR springs which were too low for my city roads and the ride was shit(bouncy and loose in the corners). Now it's the car is night and day difference, rides smoother, better feel in the corners and every quieter too.

Here are 2 links that explain why Bilstein is so good over the other guys.

Sry, I got off topic here.
Have any pics?

yungaxel3

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 GTI DSG
'19 DSG Autobahn w/DCC. 18x8 et45 Enkei Raijin w/ stock 225/40R18 tires, no spacers
Lowered on Driver Gear springs. Drove ~40 miles so they might settle a bit more with time.

I spent countless hours researching this setup...

Attachments

• DSC00090.JPG
    8.8 MB · Views: 385
Last edited:

nype

Drag Racing Champion
'19 DSG Autobahn w/DCC. 18x8 Enkei Raijin w/ stock 225/40R18 tires, no spacers
Lowered on Driver Gear springs. Drove ~40 miles so they might settle a bit more with time.

I spent countless hours researching this setup...
But what offset?