GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

POLE/POWL: ALS Ice Bucket Challenge

Got nominated or not on ALS Ice Water Bucket Challenge?

• Total voters

Bender1

Banned
Why do you need to dump water on your fking head to donate money? :yikes: Add the cost of ice and water to your donation and don't go full retard.

You certainly don't but it has increased donations to ALS research by 30 fold over same time last year.

The cause is being helped by it so...? :iono:

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
i was wondering should i call my Facebook news feed "my friends/celebrities i follow dumping water over head feed". i can do it if i want to nor any idiot for that matter, ill just put hot water with shit load of ice then dump and act like its cold.

I'm fairly "anti" exhibitionist so when I see sensible friends pouring water on their heads and generally looking really dorky it is so annoying to me. I do understand that it has helped to raise a boatload of money, I just want a "no ice bucket challenge" option on my FB feed.

Bender1

Banned
I'm fairly "anti" facebook so when I see sensible friends facebooking on their heads and generally looking really facebooky it is so annoying to me. I do understand that it has helped to raise a boatload of money, I just want a "no facebook" option on my FB feed.

Fixed that for you based on what you said.

Bender1

Banned
Don't get me wrong I am not saying it is a complete waste I am aware of the amount it raised. It is just most people now do it more for fun then anything else. I know a ton of people who didn't even donate just poured a bucket of ice and water over their heads because it is just entertainment to them.

Lets say 80% do it for fun but 20% donate. Isn't that great that 20% is donating when maybe only 2% would have donated before?

I don't get the hate.

EMaster24

Ready to race!
Where are the negative poll options. And this god damn trend needs to die.

agreed.

I find it to be one of the most annoying things that I've ever seen on facebook...it wreaks of self-promotion. Oh wow you can dump cold water on your head??? You are coooool. How about donate to the cause, tell nobody....because you're secure enough that you don't need the pat on the back :)

AGREED

Why do you need to dump water on your fking head to donate money? :yikes: Add the cost of ice and water to your donation and don't go full retard.

you don't need to, but people just love the fact that they can join a trend and post a video of themselves for all to see.

You certainly don't but it has increased donations to ALS research by 30 fold over same time last year.

The cause is being helped by it so...? :iono:

It is great to see such an increase in donations, but maybe people can start donating without the "look at me" attitude next time?

Bender1

Banned
It is great to see such an increase in donations, but maybe people can start donating without the "look at me" attitude next time?

While this would be wonderful, it's not how humans work. Never has been, never will be. Think of livestrong bracelets.

Also, that look at me attitude has absolutely helped generate more money.

EMaster24

Ready to race!
Lets say 80% do it for fun but 20% donate. Isn't that great that 20% is donating when maybe only 2% would have donated before?

I don't get the hate.

you're missing the point. nobody is hating on the fact that there are big donations. the point is... those 20% could have donated without the "look at me #icebucket #i'msotrendy #GoMe!

Bender1

Banned
you're missing the point. nobody is hating on the fact that there are big donations. the point is... those 20% could have donated without the "look at me #icebucket #i'msotrendy #GoMe!

Not missing the point at all. They could have, but they wouldn't have. People LOVE the "look at me being part of the in crowd!" dynamic so why not exploit what gets people off in a way that does some good?

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion

x1billion Ppl being sheeple its like that damn harlem shake

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion