GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

POLE/POWL: ALS Ice Bucket Challenge

Got nominated or not on ALS Ice Water Bucket Challenge?

• Total voters

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
I thought initially it was do the water and still donate, like $10-$25, or not do it and donate like $100.. somewhere in between, trendy fuckers are doing the water and donating NOTHING.. that helps no one. Otherwise, yes, as stupid as this is, it is helping a good cause, so be it.. still stupid, but glad to see it doing something. Only in America...

I did listen to that Adam corrolla show today actually, lol.. and yeah, on average 5k a year die of ALS, compared to approx 600K for heart disease and about the same for cancer.

That is unless someone they nominate donates...

Don't hate the challenge, hate the trendy fuckers. They'll still be around long after the challenge being trendy as fuck:laugh:

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
Car(s)
MKVI Golf TDI 6MT
The negativity of everyone on this board about everything is just so astonishing. I think for a huge number of you you are your own problem.
So totally this :clap:

you're missing the point. nobody is hating on the fact that there are big donations. the point is... those 20% could have donated without the "look at me #icebucket #i'msotrendy #GoMe!
Do you donate to anything regularly? If so that's awesome; but if not it sounds like you are complaining about your own behavior, so that's the only reason I ask...? :iono:

Its not surprising to see the people who hate this are the angry board members who seem to hate everyone and everything they dont understand.

Totally this too... :clap:

Jaber

Modero
Looks like India swapped for rice in their buckets.

Take a bucket of rice, donate it to someone and take a picture, then share.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion

:clap:

Too bad it's actually a logistical nightmare to get clean water around :(

:clap:

Then there's the "light yourself on fire" challenge. That's Darwinism right there.

Adam Corolla had a funny take on this. He said that he feels like you should go to the list of diseases and pick the #1 killer and donate to that becuase it needs to be cured first. He said you are going to feel pretty dumb if you donate to cure ALS and you die of cancer.

:lol:

I disagree with what he said. Cancer has so many forms and so many causes that you get extremely little for your dollar. ALS on the other hand is focused. Take the Dave Ramsey approach and get rid of the easiest challenge first for moral's sake.

Or better yet, donate to Alzheimer's disease research. We know much more about it and even have some potentially workable solutions. It affects 100% of people eventually and medicaid use towards Alzheimer's patients is corrupted with widespread fraud or misappropriation.

butchered by autocorrecr

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Alzheimers is only diagnosed after death in an autopsy which most elderly do not get.

Dementia.

Saabstory

Car(s)
MKVI Golf TDI 6MT
Diagnosis before death is about 90% accurate, but yes, brain tissue exam post mortem is the only 100% definitive test; current studies show about 1 in 8 elderly have Alzheimer's.

shdwblugti

Go Kart Champion
Diagnosis before death is about 90% accurate, but yes, brain tissue exam post mortem is the only 100% definitive test; current studies show about 1 in 8 elderly have Alzheimer's.

9/10 of those elderly ppl are left in a nursing home

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion

Yep. They can be suspected of Alzheimer's and likely do have it, but it is dementia until autopsy.

Saabstory

Car(s)
MKVI Golf TDI 6MT
It's dementia even after autopsy; just a matter of which type of dementia it is then. :D

Some studies show that dumping ice water on your head can lead to early Alzheimer's...