GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

P0413 code

2019mk75gti

Car(s)
2019 gti
https://datazap.me/u/diggs24/log-1594950128?log=0&data=8-9-10&zoom=1-142

Trims not responding. But look at lambda. I could feel that.

Just one valve bolted to the side of the block. About the size of a softball.
my apologies but im not familiar with lambda as I use AFR. is that comparable to a 10-11 AFR when im supposed to see 12-14?

because im seeing super rich readings all around (AFR, STFT, LTFT) and sometimes an intermittent lean reading on fuel trim (positive number).

car sometimes even turns off and forces me to do a hard restart similar to the auto on/off stalling issue reported for 2019 models (my year) however that never happens when the fuel trims aren't acting super off

also is this the part ur talking about ?
1631072108511.png

2019mk75gti

Car(s)
2019 gti
1 lambda=14.7afr

The combi valve only works at cold start. Are these fueling issues only at cold start and idle or when driving around? If the combi valve is shot, it's shot. Replace it. You'll have to for emissions testing anyways, yes?
no emissions on my car until 2026-27 since its under the exemption for cars under 8 years old in CA but I would like to retain as much factory equipment as possible anyway. is the part in the picture above the suspect part for p0413 code?

and im having the fueling issues at idle and cold start as well as when slowing from driving speed to idle speed (this is when the stall outs occurred)

the AFR is lagging when trying to go from the 12.2 -12.5 range that it uses for acceleration back to 14.7 for idle and sometimes u see it drop to 10-11 AFR and actually stall.

no codes to point toward injectors, misfires etc. I have a permanent p0413 and occasionally I was getting a MAP /IAT implausible signal error and I would always just clean off the sensor and it was fine so my guess was that running rich is starting to foul sensors and cause that rich condition especially with a burble tune where ur forcing rich fuel mixture when letting off throttle coming to a stop anyway.

in case its relevant I run EQT stage 2 e85

2019mk75gti

Car(s)
2019 gti
Well, it's an opening into the block's exhaust. If it's leaking air in there then the lambda sensor will compensate by adding fuel. Then you get bad bangbang.

Yeah, that's the part. You know it's broken. Fix it and see if that fixes the other issues before chasing those down.
Ya I’m getting random gunshot pops when literally doing nothing with throttle.

it’s running that rich and I get p0106 MAP sensor code and also sometimes a rich idle code.
Gotta fix SAI first

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Well.....it's back! Got about 6 mos. out of it. Back to the dealer for another replacement. Bummer.

nkresho

suck, squish, bang, blow
Car(s)
2022 Q3
Same. I was able to get inspected first then a week later it reared it's ugly head. Got about a year out of the newer rev part.

Oddly enough, mine came on yesterday while driving. Cold start, no CEL, (heard the pump as usual) drove about 5 miles (coolant to about 160-180) and parked for 10 minutes. Started it back up and no CEL. Drove another 5 miles and I actually watched the light come on while I was at a stop light.

I'm in the process of returning my car to stock, so if de-modding gives any relief (doubtful) i will post here again.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
What dealer do u use ?

my dealer is telling me I need to remove mods etc to get a new SAI pump
No need to put that kind of thing out there...

tigeo

Autocross Champion

tigeo

Autocross Champion