GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

P039B + P0141 + EPC APR STAGE 2 MK7 GTI

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
Hmm, interesting. Well, thanks for the reply! I'll give it a shot. I usually use Motul oil and they've got a engine clean additive too. Maybe I'll give that a shot first.

DocNotDoctor

Hmm, interesting. Well, thanks for the reply! I'll give it a shot. I usually use Motul oil and they've got a engine clean additive too. Maybe I'll give that a shot first.

No worries, let me know how it goes for you and if you can clear the code. I’m not really sold on LM it’s just who I’ve been using and it resolved the tappet. How many miles are you sitting on now?

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
Just over 40k. We just built the engine a few months ago and I have the BOSS600 big turbo kit, just waiting on fueling. I still think it's just the HPFP being super noisy as I really only hear it on the right side of the engine. Either way an engine flush could help I think..

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
Flushed with LiquiMoly, noise is significantly reduced, but still get P039B Cyl1 over pressure. I read somewhere that a bad injector could throw this code, but having a hard time finding where. I have several other issues, such as having a hard time starting sometimes, and rough idle after driving hard which eventually leads to the engine dying, that all seem to share one possible cause: bad injector(s).

I'm going to replace them.

I also have built the engine and someone on FB mentioned that since the compression ratio is slightly different on the Mahle pistons, this can throw the code if you don't recalibrate something. But I don't have access to the professional software he uses for that kind of thing.

AndreN

Car(s)
Leon Cupra
Typically noise outside the combustion window. Guys with built motors that are a bit noisy get this. Can be tuned out. If your motor is stock then that's not good news. If lucky it's just a bad calibration by tuner, otherwise motor is probably fucked.
Thanks for the answer. I have stage 2, DP. The car runs very slowly, starts well, doesn't crash, always runs on good gasoline, only when accelerating does the EPC light come on and the cylinder pressur too high error comes on in different cylinders. The cylinders have already been checked and they are all good, new coils, spark plugs and new magnets were added. Another weird thing is that Tunned says it removed O2 but error P0140 (O2) is always appearing. thanks for all the help possible