GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Order tracking during "maintenance"

Visoflex

Passed Driver's Ed
I've just spoken to my dealer. They report that there are over 1,000 vehicles running late in production. No update as to exactly how late yet but the hot money is on at least 2 weeks at the moment.

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
Just to give you some idea of the progress of my car. I ordered a 2.0 GT DSG with:

Climate Control
Park assist
Rear view camera
Voice activation
High beam assist
Lane assist
Adaptive chassis control
Keyless entry
Multifunction colour display.

Ordered 6th April
Build week confirmed week 31 (week commencing 29/7/13)
In transit 22nd August
Arrived in the country 3rd September.....

The moral of the story is learn to be patient. Not easy in my case grrr.

I don't seem to be able to find the seperate thread on the camera, anyways, did yours come with the camera?
Initially mine had the RVC on the order, then I have added voice control and just spoke to the dealer and he says the RVC has been removed, I know it's 'only' a camera but it has taken the excitement off picking up the vehicle :(
Can these things be retro fitted?

DW58

Go Kart Champion
There are companies who retrofit the RVC, but you'll get quite a shock at the price. Just to buy the camera unit alone is £3-400 and fitted it seems to run at around £7-800. I remember reading a thread on Detailing World where someone did a DIY retrofit - I think it was the Admin with the Scirocco R - and I believe he sources VAG spares from Portugal. Problem being you'd not only need to fit the camera, but have access to VCDS to set it up.

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
Thanks DW58, sounds like it could be Sean, must say the news has really taken the shine off the purchase, I have waited so long, I would rather wait longer and have what was requested and agreed. Worst again was rung VW UK to express my dissapointment, the guy says perhaps the dealer can 'do something' for me, WTF! do they expect me to pay for an option that is not included? :eek:

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Totally agree, it was one of the extras I was most anxious to get ever since I used a similar system in Germany/Luxembourg last Spring. I'm already looking at alternative systems.

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
Totally agree, it was one of the extras I was most anxious to get ever since I used a similar system in Germany/Luxembourg last Spring. I'm already looking at alternative systems.

I don't know why VW don't build the car include the loom wiring for the camera and then when they are available, the owner can have the camera retro fitted, the customer is still content then :eek:

dadu

Ready to race!
They did that once for the Passat. I wonder why not now...

Last edited:

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Volkswagen move in mysterious ways, and most especially Volkswagen UK :mad:

mcmaddy

Ready to race!
if the original order had the camera on then they should have left it on when you added voice control. they are using any excuse to remove cameras now from orders placed in good faith. it's not looking good for customer satisfaction from VW.

leachmj

Passed Driver's Ed
I don't seem to be able to find the seperate thread on the camera, anyways, did yours come with the camera?
Initially mine had the RVC on the order, then I have added voice control and just spoke to the dealer and he says the RVC has been removed, I know it's 'only' a camera but it has taken the excitement off picking up the vehicle :(
Can these things be retro fitted?

Yes, got the car this morning and it came with everything I ordered including the camera.

Gerry

Ready to race!
Nice one Leachmj :)....let us know how you go.

My build week 37 ended last night.....hey presto it's just moved to "Build in progress" this morning....it's not very accurate but who cares....lol

DW58

Go Kart Champion
I wish I could see some progress on mine - spoke to the dealer again yesterday, his system confirms that at least the BW hasn't slipped again. He reckons there ought to be a change sometime this comeing week as the build week is four weeks from today.

Skinnee D

Passed Driver's Ed
Nice one Leachmj :)....let us know how you go.

My build week 37 ended last night.....hey presto it's just moved to "Build in progress" this morning....it's not very accurate but who cares....lol

Just spotted the same change for mine online today - also BW37. Hoping for a better job than a certain premium German manufacturer managed recently with someone's factory order that made it to the dealer with door mirrors in two completely different colours...:confused:

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Still no sign of confirmed build week despite the provisional build week being less than four weeks away. Just discussed with the dealer when I put my Mk.6 in for MoT, apparently he has rather a lot of dissatisfied customers asking "where's my Golf", they've had several cancelled orders.