GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Order tracking during "maintenance"

DW58

Go Kart Champion
As Avanti says above, it's pretty damned pointless Volkswagen having this facility if they don't upate it. The dealers have build weeks within days of the order being placed which is where I got my infor from, but this website is pointless unless they actually update it.

Not best pleased

jimble1

Ready to race!
They do update it, it will say processing your order until your build week is confirmed which can take a very long time, my GTI has been on order since the books opened so just over 4 months and they still have my estimated BW as 37, hopefully it should change this week sometime but we'll see.

DW58

Go Kart Champion
That's all very well but my dealer had the build week information within seven days of my order being placed, so unfortunately it's clearly a case of the system not being updated timeously by Volkswagen.

Here's hoping when they stop fiddling with the website (I fail to see why it takes so long), that they also bring the order information on it up to date.

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
That's all very well but my dealer had the build week information within seven days of my order being placed, so unfortunately it's clearly a case of the system not being updated timeously by Volkswagen.

Here's hoping when they stop fiddling with the website (I fail to see why it takes so long), that they also bring the order information on it up to date.

My dealer said that on his system it shows stages and mine apparently is at stage 10, when it gets to stage 20, then the build week will show, having added to the order though, I wonder if most are just in a queue for the production line, and once it gets so far the build week is confirmed and no changes are possible.

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Now that you mention it, my dealer also mentioned these stages. I'm guessing that there are different production schedules dependent on model, engine, extras ordered etc., and where it's built.

I haven't seen a production breakdown for the Mk.7 Golf as yet, but presumably like the Mk.6 it isn't solely produced at Wolfsburg. I know for example that my Mk.6 Match 1.4TSi 122PS was built at the Mosel plant at Zwickau and I believe others were built elsewhere.

There was a thread on one of the Volkswagen forums a couple of years back showing how to identify where your Golf was built from a coding in the VIN, presumably this is still the case.

jimble1

Ready to race!

He would've had the estimated build week not a confirmed one, you'll only get a confirmed BW approx 4 weeks before it gets built. If your looking at the end of october collection then assuming 2 weeks for shipping then you'll be looking at approx BW 41/42 which means you would go confirmed approx BW 37 (sept 9th), until then it'll only show processing on the tracker.

JohnV1

Ready to race!
Cheers SkinneeD - I just tried the alternate tracking link and I'm almost dumbfounded to see that my GT 150 TDi manual has finally moved to status "In transit".

Only been waiting since 1st week of April :) Minor miracle!

It was only last Tuesday the dealer said it might make it by mid-September (I'm telling you, these guys know jack-sh*t). What are the odds of making it to the UK in 3 weeks time?

Skinnee D

Passed Driver's Ed
Cheers SkinneeD - I just tried the alternate tracking link and I'm almost dumbfounded to see that my GT 150 TDi manual has finally moved to status "In transit".

Only been waiting since 1st week of April :) Minor miracle!

It was only last Tuesday the dealer said it might make it by mid-September (I'm telling you, these guys know jack-sh*t). What are the odds of making it to the UK in 3 weeks time?

Nice one. Just wondering - did you get a build week confirmed online, and if so how roughly how long ago? Feels like mine's been "processing" for ever...Thanks!

JohnV1

Ready to race!
I was given confirmed build week 30 by my dealer on the same day the on-line tracker status changed from "Processing" to "Build week confirmed". I made note of the date he'd called - it was June 20th.

Prior to this confirmation, he'd originally quoted the standard 12 - 14 weeks from order date, then b.w. 34 on a hunch and eventually b.w. 30. So I've endured all sorts of approximations.

B.w. 30 corresponds to July 22 - 26. So his call and the tracker status were pretty much 1 month before the actual build week, which got stretched out due to the scheduled Wolfsburg factory shutdown/slowdown during the summer break. I've read that build weeks 30, 31 & 32 are essentially all one allocated slot because of the summer break, so I guess it figures.

DW58

Go Kart Champion
He would've had the estimated build week not a confirmed one, you'll only get a confirmed BW approx 4 weeks before it gets built. If your looking at the end of october collection then assuming 2 weeks for shipping then you'll be looking at approx BW 41/42 which means you would go confirmed approx BW 37 (sept 9th), until then it'll only show processing on the tracker.

Thanks, I'll bear that in mind. This is the sort of information we ought to be being told by the dealers.

leachmj

Passed Driver's Ed
Interesting. I ordered my GT 150 TDI ON 6th April and had a confirmed build week of 31. Maybe mine will move into 'in transit' next week. I can only hope. I can't complain too much as I have had a courtesy MK7 SE since the end of June.

Skinnee D

Passed Driver's Ed
I was given confirmed build week 30 by my dealer on the same day the on-line tracker status changed from "Processing" to "Build week confirmed". I made note of the date he'd called - it was June 20th.

Prior to this confirmation, he'd originally quoted the standard 12 - 14 weeks from order date, then b.w. 34 on a hunch and eventually b.w. 30. So I've endured all sorts of approximations.

B.w. 30 corresponds to July 22 - 26. So his call and the tracker status were pretty much 1 month before the actual build week, which got stretched out due to the scheduled Wolfsburg factory shutdown/slowdown during the summer break. I've read that build weeks 30, 31 & 32 are essentially all one allocated slot because of the summer break, so I guess it figures.
Thanks - looking forward to a call from the dealer soon hopefully - online still showing "processing..."