GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Order tracking during "maintenance"

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
I must admit I have a hard time understanding how the system works in the UK.
Over here you order the car, wait a couple of days to get an estimated delivery-time, wait about 3 weeks and then get the confirmed build-week and delivery-time.

We don't even have a order tracker over here.

To be honest, I think much of the problem here is Volkswagen's UK company - they seem to make up the rules as they go along, and to change them whenever it suits.

Perhaps it's the logistics of the production lines, UK cars are right hand drive where as most other countries are left hand drive vehicles, as the factory is producing for many countries, perhaps the majority of production is for other countries with the 'odd' slot for the rhd countries. So depending on when the order goes in, it may have to sit and wait until the batch for a particular zone is going to be run.

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Well ... ... ... guess what didn't change today despite being only three weeks from the provisional build week notified confirmed by my dealer 48 hours ago - BW42, three weeks from Monday.

I'm really beginning to loose faith in Volkswagen UK :mad:

DW58

Go Kart Champion
At last!

DW58

Go Kart Champion
26th July. It slipped by two weeks, originally BW46, then 40, and after the shut-down cock-ups it slipped down to 42 - at least it's now confirmed, I was beginning to doubt it was ever going to happen.

When did you order - which model?

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
26th July. It slipped by two weeks, originally BW46, then 40, and after the shut-down cock-ups it slipped down to 42 - at least it's now confirmed, I was beginning to doubt it was ever going to happen.

When did you order - which model?

I think I ordered 17th June, the dealer did say late October early November delivery but says the car should be with them 7th October (although that doesn't mean ready for collection).
I ordered GTI PP DSG
Oryx White
Sunroof
DNS
Voice Control
Reverse Camera
Dynaudio
Keyless
Climate Comfort Windscreen
Advanced Telephone Connection

Originally the camera was to be included as it was on time, but adding voice control may have 'removed' it.

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Yes, I remember now - so many people's cars and my find gets a bit fuddled :eek:

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Mine changed to "Build Week Confirmed" three weeks before the confirmed build week.

I've never seen it show "Build Week Unconfirmed", the 7 stages are as below ... ...

Stage 3 appears to kick in three weeks before the commencement of the actual build week, i.e. my confirmed BW is 42/2013 (i.e. w/c 14/10/2013) and changed from "With Factory" on Saturday 21/9/2013.

Dazza78

Ready to race!
Stage 3 appears to kick in three weeks before the commencement of the actual build week, i.e. my confirmed BW is 42/2013 (i.e. w/c 14/10/2013) and changed from "With Factory" on Saturday 21/9/2013.

I think my data is pooled via an API from VW's to my lease company, it says it should be BW commencing 14th October, but not confirmed.

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Ah - if it's not from VW's own site that explains it. It seems some leasing companies have a pre-order with Volkswagen thus cutting down delivery times in some cases.

Dazza78

Ready to race!
Ah - if it's not from VW's own site that explains it. It seems some leasing companies have a pre-order with Volkswagen thus cutting down delivery times in some cases.

I ordered mine start of July.. still waiting hah, plus added few extras on so not a standard model :)

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Also depends very much on the model, some take longer than other plus things like DSG, Sunroof, 3-door slow things down. So if you've ordered a 3-door GTD DSG with sunroof you're stuffed.

JAT

Ready to race!
Mine changed to "Build Week Confirmed" three weeks before the confirmed build week.

I've never seen it show "Build Week Unconfirmed", the 7 stages are as below ... ...

Email from dealer this morning my car goes into production this week. When I phoned I said it's only showing stage 3 of 7 here (build week confirmed) she said dealers show 8 stages on their computers and my car is at stage 5 (going into production). Interesting!!!