2017 GTI S DSG
Track name: Sonoma Raceway
Track location: Sears Point, CA
Lap time: 2:03.303
Year/model: 2017 GTI S
Estimated total vehicle weight with driver: 3350
Estimated wheel horsepower: 220
Fuel: 91
Tire size and model: 235/40/18 Yokohama Advan Apex V601 (280tw)
Estimated ambient temperature: 60F
Notes on setup (turbo, suspension setup, rain, frightened, etc.): First proper track day at Sonoma, 2.2 degree front camber, lowered 1.1”, Macan BBK. Definitely left a few seconds out there but was nice and consistent all day.

I'm not sure if this was my fastest lap of the day TBH, didn't have a transponder/data logger on the car. Definitely one of the better ones though.

Last edited:

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
How are you guys uploading videos from Harrys lap timer to this thread? I uploaded some to YouTube but it doesn't show data overlay

R Golf

Go Kart Champion
How are you guys uploading videos from Harrys lap timer to this thread? I uploaded some to YouTube but it doesn't show data overlay

If I'm reading your question correctly I'm assuming you know how to overlay the data onto the videos on the phone There is a step you need to do to get the data on the video. If that is not the case, just ask.

Again, assuming you can see the overlay videos with the data on your phone, you might be choosing the incorrect files, which is very easy to do. Even after you overlay the data onto the video Harry's keeps all the original videos without the overlay until you delete them. So, you'll have videos of laps with overlays and those same laps without overlays on your phone.

If you can watch the overlay on your phone and choose that exact file you will definitely have the overlay show up wherever you put it. When looking for your files try putting "overaly" in the search box.

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
If I'm reading your question correctly I'm assuming you know how to overlay the data onto the videos on the phone There is a step you need to do to get the data on the video. If that is not the case, just ask.

Again, assuming you can see the overlay videos with the data on your phone, you might be choosing the incorrect files, which is very easy to do. Even after you overlay the data onto the video Harry's keeps all the original videos without the overlay until you delete them. So, you'll have videos of laps with overlays and those same laps without overlays on your phone.

If you can watch the overlay on your phone and choose that exact file you will definitely have the overlay show up wherever you put it. When looking for your files try putting "overaly" in the search box.
I think you're understanding my question correctly. Im able to watch my laps on harrys in the app- when I try to upload onto YouTube so I can post it in this thread, it doesn't show any data. It'll show the data on the app but not where I upload it to.

You're saying I need to find the files that don't have the data overlaid and delete them?

R Golf

Go Kart Champion
I think you're understanding my question correctly. Im able to watch my laps on harrys in the app- when I try to upload onto YouTube so I can post it in this thread, it doesn't show any data. It'll show the data on the app but not where I upload it to.

You're saying I need to find the files that don't have the data overlaid and delete them?

No, you do not need to delete those files. You can if you like AFTER you are done with your overlays and the overlays are saved, but it is definitely not necessary. What you need to do is insure that your are uploading the correct file. The file that shows the overlay.

GTI_TRACK_RAT

Car(s)
2016 VW GTI
Track name: Brainerd International Raceway (Competition Road Course)
Track location: Brainerd, MN
Lap time: 1:54.88
Year/model: 2016 GTI S
Estimated total vehicle weight with driver: Stock weight
Estimated wheel horsepower: Stock non performance pack 210HP?
Fuel: 93
Tire size and model: Kumho Ecsta PS91 225/40/18 (On stock wheels)
Estimated ambient temperature: 60F slight rain
Notes on setup: Only modification are a 034 motorsports rear sway bar on the soft setting and Castrol SRF brake fluid with powerstop track day spec brake pads.

acegp1

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI SE
Track name: Thunderhill Raceway Park (5-Mile with East Bypass)
Track location: Willows, CA
Lap time: 3:56
Year/model: 2018 GTI SE
Estimated total vehicle weight with driver: Stock weight (Removed Spare Tire)
Estimated wheel horsepower: ~250whp (JB4 Map 1, Intake, Inlet, Downpipe)
Tire size and model: Michelin PS4S 245/40/18 @4 0psi hot (On Wedsport SA10R 18x8.5 Wheels)
Estimated ambient temperature: 70*F
Notes on setup: BC BR-Coilovers set at 15/30, ATE TYP200 Brake Fluid, Ferodo DS2500 Pads, Neuspeed 25mm RSB

R Golf

Go Kart Champion
Beat my previous best time. ;>) With Cup 2's had 6 laps below prior best in 1st session. Will post video later this week.

Track name: Summit Point MAIN
Track location: Summit Point, WV
Lap time: 1:27.9
Year/model: 2017
Estimated total vehicle weight with driver: 3550
Estimated wheel horsepower: 325
Tire size and model: 225/40/18 Cup 2's
Estimated ambient temperature: mid 60's
Notes on setup: APR Stage 1, camber plates, IC, rear sway, Ferodo DS2500 & Motul 660, stock brakes, springs, & struts.

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
Track name: VIR FULL
Track location: Alton, VA
Lap time: 2:13.6
Year/model: 2017 GTi Sport
Estimated total vehicle weight with driver: 3350
Estimated wheel horsepower: APR Stg1 low torque tune
Tire size and model: NT01’s 255-40-17
Estimated ambient temperature: 52F
Notes on setup (turbo, suspension setup, rain, frightened, etc.): 3DM Motorsports revalved Ohlins, PowerBrake BBK

Edit** Video added

Last edited:

Handguns4heaRTs

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Track name: Chuckwalla (CCW)
Track location: Middle of the Desert, CA
Lap time: 2:16.968
Year/model: 2017 GTI SE
Estimated total vehicle weight with driver: Stock weight with spare removed, 175lb driver
Estimated wheel horsepower: 350hp
Fuel: E48
Tire size and model: nearly bald 235/40/18 Falken Azenis FK510 300 UTQC at 38psi hot
Estimated ambient temperature: 80*
Notes on setup (turbo, suspension setup, rain, frightened, etc.): FBO IS20, Bilstein B8 struts(front only), Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, SuperPro fixed camber mounts, Ferodo DS2500 in front with stock PP pads in rear, ST rear sway bar

Last edited:

grembal

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'08 Rabbit, '99 MX5
Track name: Streets of Willow CCW
Track location: Rosamond, CA
Lap time: 1:30.702
Year/model: 2019 GTI S
Estimated total vehicle weight with driver: 3300
Estimated wheel horsepower: 240-250whp? Neuspeed power module
Tire size and model: 245/40/18 Kenda Kaiser KR20a
Estimated ambient temperature: 50s F
Notes on setup: Camber -2.0f/-1.5r, EBC yellows, Eibach pro kit springs, ST 25mm RSB

Track name: Chuckwalla CW
Track location: Desert Center, CA
Lap time: 2:16.836
Estimated total vehicle weight with driver: 3300
Estimated wheel horsepower: stock
Tire size and model: 245/40/18 Kenda Kaiser KR20a
Estimated ambient temperature: 80s F
Notes on setup: Camber -2.0f/-1.5r, EBC yellows, Eibach pro kit springs, ST 25mm RSB

R Golf

Go Kart Champion
Track name: Streets of Willow CCW
Track location: Rosamond, CA
Lap time: 1:30.702
>>>>>>>

Track name: Chuckwalla CW
Track location: Desert Center, CA
Lap time: 2:16.836
>>>>>

Nice driving! Those desert tracks are a totally different head than we have in the Northeast. Nothing to hit, but I guess the dust/sand can get pretty bad and slippery. The only one I've driven is AZ Motorsports Park, and it was a good time. Willow looked like there was tons of dust on track. Was it slippery in spots?

You also had huge amounts of open track for an HPDE. Did you select the one lap or was that typical for the day.

grembal

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'08 Rabbit, '99 MX5
Thanks! The Streets lap was one of the few where I had an open track to push, that day I was dealing with traffic for the first half and in the second half it rained 😂. I think if I push harder and maybe with better tires I can get a :28 with the car.

There was dust kicked up onto the track but thankfully a lot of it was cleared off the line. Between the dirt and irregularities on the tarmac Streets does get pretty sketchy