GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Official MK7 Golf/GTI 1/4 Thread

MK7RCan

Mk7.5 R DSG 7 , IE intercooler, IE Carbon intake, Uni downpipe, Milltek catback, Neuspeed discharge pipe, Uni stg2 + jb4 stack. #641 left lane

Last edited:

mk7rip

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
mk7
Mk7.5 R DSG 7 , IE intercooler, IE Carbon intake, Uni downpipe, Milltek catback, Neuspeed discharge pipe, Uni stg2 + jb4 stack. #641 left lane

Nice time man, car looks like it's running good. Assuming you've got the usual weight reduction done?

MK7RCan

Nice time man, car looks like it's running good. Assuming you've got the usual weight reduction done?

Thanks! it is running pretty good, that was full weight no reduction. Hoping to be a bit faster with a bit a weight reduction. Almost had half tank gas 94oct + 16 oz of boostane.

uberpolka

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI
So what are people doing once they hit under 11.5?

You all putting roll bars in or do your tracks just not care?

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
The track I go to you can run 9s in a T-shirt and shorts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
So what are people doing once they hit under 11.5?

You all putting roll bars in or do your tracks just not care?

Depends on track or tech. Technically under NHRA rules, running under 11.5 require a roll bar. Techs around my parts typically let me slide if the car is 2008 and newer and you have a fire jacket. But I've run into a few officials that say a 2008 and newer vehicle has to be unmodified in order to be able to run under 11.5 and not require a roll bar.

local

Ready to race!
Car(s)
19R
Took the seats out in hopes for 11s & got it. Pretty happy with this car & it's short list of mods to achieve this.

ET: 11.98
MPH: 111.51
60: 1.78
DA: 1900
MODEL: MK7 GTI
ENGINE: 2.0T
TURBO: is20
TRANS: DSG
FUEL: E50
WT: Seats removed
TIRES: Slicks
SOFTWARE: 5150