GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Need for speed. Please help!!!

bekro

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GtI SE
I have done the following mods in the past few months since I bought my car (18 GTI SE), yet I am craving more power!!! Here is a list of the mods:

Rims/tires
Coil overs
Downpipe
APR stage 2 ecu/tcu
Colder plugs
Dog bone mount
Air box mod (driver side inlet, snow guard removal)
Turbo inlet tube
Air box turbo inlet hose
K&N air filter
Intercooler
Mud flaps
Autometer boost gauge with ECS vent pod

Please help me decide what to do next to get the most reliable consistent power for my money.

Should I do a meth/JB4 stack on top of my APR tune?

Try ethonal mix (don't have any places near me that custom tune)?

Big turbo!?

One issue in have noticed lately is compressor surge on hot days while in higher gears under heavy load 3500rpm and lower. I can both hear it and see it via my autometer boost gauge. I would like to get rid of this issue.

Please comment below on what you think will net me the most power for my buck and who you would go with for said mod. Keep in mind that I am not trying to build my motor internally, at least not yet because my car is brand new. With that being said, please only comment on mods that a stock long block with the mods I already have can reliably handle. Let the comments begin!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

Xdpker

Ready to race!
You already have most bolt ons, I say run an E30 mix and get a Cobb or ED protune for it. You don't need a place near you, plenty of good e tuners.

JB4 you won't be able to add a lot more boost without better gas or meth which is a lot of work IMO. If you get a bigger turbo, you'll need a tune for it anyways to get the most out of it.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
If you already have stage 2 and crave for more power, you own a wrong vehicle. That being said, bigger turbo might be the way to go.

Jarbear

Ready to race!
please only comment on mods that a stock long block with the mods I already have can reliably handle

Though these cars are bulletproof, reliability is relative. Anything you do outside of what the manufacturer intended can decrease reliability. The catch being that some people have zero issues while others may run into problems with zero modifications.

But what I really mean to say is:

big turbo

Gibberoni

Ready to race!
Sounds like its time for a Porsche if you really want that much speed.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
1000cc bike.

60-130 in the mid 3s if you set it up correctly. If you want to go faster than that you better have deep pockets.

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
Is this build going full race car? If that's the case start looking at weight reduction. Rear seat delete/ spare tire will net a decent reduction.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
North American X-15

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk