GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My Recent MPG Results

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
I never look at that thing. It's not accurate. I used to keep track of my mileage x gas consumed pretty religiously during stage 1. Then I kind of stopped caring. It is what it is.

As it happens, I decided to reset the trip odometer after my last addition of 8 gals 91 + 4.x gals e85 on e30 tune. Halfway+ through it so we shall see. I only average about 175 miles a week.

Also, OT but just ran vcds for the first time since going eqt stage 2. No codes except the satellite radio one. All readiness checks pass too, and smog time is almost here. Unitronic stage 2 did NOT used to fare as well.

YamR1rider

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Very cool. Where did you drive to/from to achieve that?

Or one could argue very uncool when driving a sporty car lol 😁😉

I think my best achievement was also about a 43mpg average on the 125 mile stretch from Key West back to the mainland a couple of months ago. Stuck in traffic moving at a pretty constant 50mph, seems to be about the sweet spot on these cars.

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
My GTI has generally gotten crappy mileage on the highway but when I drove somewhere after work today it was just under 40. I might try again tomorrow to see if I can replicate it and if so wonder what the heck changed.

launchd

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2023 M3LR, 2021 A7
38.4mpg for the first half of a 200 mile trip. I’m APR Stage 2 (high torque testpipe file) with a bunch of mods. Felt pretty good achieving that... Then I decided to stop driving my performance car like an old man because carbon buildup scares me and I secretly think my car likes when I beat it.

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
Finally calculated my actual mpg since going stage 2. My last tank was good for just slightly under 28 mpg on e30.

Thats 80% freeway, but lots and lots of heavy foot. I don't think that's too bad.

Jeffapotamus

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 GTI
I drove almost 900 miles last week (Vermont to Chicago). So several hours of fun twisty mountain driving followed by many hours of boring interstate highway. Calculated 38 mpg average over the whole distance.
Stock 2019 SE DSG

tigeo

Autocross Champion
I personally shoot for the lowest mpgs - gas is so cheap, why be miserable. Send it. J/K

GSW 4Mo with Stage 2 IS20 and DSG plus roof racks - 30 is about as high as it will ever get/I have ever calc'd. My 40K mile average has been 24.5 for 55/45 highway/city mixed driving but that's the price you pay for wagon-awesomeness.

Keep in mind that the dash readout is about 8% high. You can actually change it using VCDS/OBDEleven to make it more accurate/representative. I use Fuelly to track my fuel-ups and after the adjustment, it's as close over a full tank as it will get at 108%.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Bring vehicle's mpg calc in-line with reality

Adaptation
Control unit: 17 Dash Board
Name: Display correction of consumptions and operating range
Values:
Old value: 100 %
New value: 108 %
--------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

Judas

Go Kart Newbie
I personally shoot for the lowest mpgs - gas is so cheap, why be miserable. Send it. J/K

GSW 4Mo with Stage 2 IS20 and DSG plus roof racks - 30 is about as high as it will ever get/I have ever calc'd. My 40K mile average has been 24.5 for 55/45 highway/city mixed driving but that's the price you pay for wagon-awesomeness.

Keep in mind that the dash readout is about 8% high. You can actually change it using VCDS/OBDEleven to make it more accurate/representative. I use Fuelly to track my fuel-ups and after the adjustment, it's as close over a full tank as it will get at 108%.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Bring vehicle's mpg calc in-line with reality

Adaptation
Control unit: 17 Dash Board
Name: Display correction of consumptions and operating range
Values:
Old value: 100 %
New value: 108 %
--------------------------------------------------------------
Wait, the mpg in the dash is false?

Jeffapotamus

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 GTI
Easy enough to check. When it's time to fill up again compare the car's estimated mileage with what your calculator says. I've read many posts about the car being optimistic (VW pr department? :unsure:). I've also read several that say it's pretty accurate. It's worth checking if you really want to know. Personally, I reset the trip odometer every time I fill up a car, then do a rough estimate in my head. (I guess I don't have to do that in my GTI because it will tell me the mpg since last fill-up) I mostly look for an unusual decline in mpg that might indicate a problem somewhere so I don't need an exact number.