GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My GTI my way

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Oh so I’m not alone here... 😩 granted mines been just since March if 2020... stock swapped out in March 2020 with CM fx-500, then dkm MS October 2020 (broke the dmf with the fx500 from launching) then after 2 months of the dkm being in the car I was having real issues with getting the car in and out of gear, so I dropped the trans inspected the install and bench bled the TOB, that’s fixed that issue, and now as of a few weeks ago the dkm TOB broke and was dumping brake fluid all of the discs so they ruined and now I’m in the process of installing a ringer racing stage 5 kit.

Ringer Racing? Never heard of them. Are you going to include the Clutch Masters high performance hydraulic TOB?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Ringer Racing? Never heard of them. Are you going to include the Clutch Masters high performance hydraulic TOB?
It’s a private label kits built by clutch masters, heavy duty plate with a Full Face Cerametalic Material on both sides.

No I’m still just gonna stick with a Sachs oem version.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
It’s a private label kits built by clutch masters, heavy duty plate with a Full Face Cerametalic Material on both sides.

No I’m still just gonna stick with a Sachs oem version.

I see stage 5 is rated to handle 650 ft lbs of torque. Let us know how it goes.

Square1

Go Kart Champion
Wow you’ve really had a time with clutches. Hopefully this Southbend treats you right. Car looks great by the way. It's convincing me that darker wheels aren’t that bad with CSG. I thought black or dark grey would be way too similar for CSG but your car proves otherwise. Lookin good!
Thank you. I never liked the black wheels because of the loss of detail and they don't look good from a distance. That being said they're growing on me.

Buy once cry once. Now you know.
I really hope this one lasts.

Oh so I’m not alone here... 😩 granted mines been just since March if 2020... stock swapped out in March 2020 with CM fx-500, then dkm MS October 2020 (broke the dmf with the fx500 from launching) then after 2 months of the dkm being in the car I was having real issues with getting the car in and out of gear, so I dropped the trans inspected the install and bench bled the TOB, that’s fixed that issue, and now as of a few weeks ago the dkm TOB broke and was dumping brake fluid all of the discs so they ruined and now I’m in the process of installing a ringer racing stage 5 kit.
These clutches really take the fun out of things. I considered a South Bend stage 4 or 5 but the SB stage 3 in my kid's car has a really stiff pedal.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
DKM MS 663wtq lol
Is your MS slipping? Mine never slipped once on this hybrid set up till last week From the first disc from the pressure plate now being soaked with fluid.... will be interesting to see what’s going on with yours when they remove it.

Square1

Go Kart Champion
Is your MS slipping? Mine never slipped once on this hybrid set up till last week From the first disc from the pressure plate now being soaked with fluid.... will be interesting to see what’s going on with yours when they remove it.

I have a feeling it's just my lazy driving style and not winding the rpm's up a little and down shifting. I drive my F150 daily and it's the epitome of lazy driving. I really liked the DKM MS.

Square1

Go Kart Champion
Well the south bend stage 3 is in the car. I've put about 450km (300mi) and I like it. I had a little run in with a Benz at 250km but we'll pretend that never happened 😁. I will say up to now I liked the DKM better probably because I was so used to the way it engages and there was far less chatter. Pedal feel is about the same. You do instantly notice the weight difference between the two.
I forgot to take pics but the two discs were cooked.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
If you're going stage 3 SB, might as well get the endurance

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

Square1

Go Kart Champion
I managed to finish up the 1990 MK2 with the 2.0 but NOS doesn't like to sell nitrous kits anymore. I'm not sure what's up with them. I purchased half a NX kit from someone with a full bottle so I'm just waiting for bits to show up and the purge kit.
My GTI should be ready one day. Lol

20210501_200558.jpg
20210501_201539.jpg

Attachments

• 20210501_200558.jpg
    20210501_200558.jpg
    8.2 MB · Views: 73
  • 20210501_201539.jpg
    20210501_201539.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 65