GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My GTI my way

Square1

Go Kart Champion
Just a lil hit, 50-75 or so

That's what I got planned for the MK2 but I've never run it before. I got an AFR gauge installed and my "catalytic" is looking a little unique. I think I've done enough homework to do this right and if everything fails it's 20V time.

20210410_152239.jpg

Last edited:

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
That's what I got planned for the MK2 but I've never run it before. I got an AFR gauge installed and my "catalytic" is looking a little unique. I think I've done enough homework to do this right and if everything fails it's 20V time.

View attachment 212265
Theres a dude on ig that did a super clean VR swap on what I think was a Mk2. 6 into 1 header, shaved and painted bay, wire tuck, the whole shebang.

Square1

Go Kart Champion
Well here's my update:
The engine is still being built and I am glad I bought a second engine because I think I would have shelved the car by now if I couldn't drive it.
So long story short ........ no update.
I did replace my old F150 5.0 with a 2021 F150 3.5 and I really like it. I'm just waiting for Cobb to release something before I buy anything for it. Working on some vinyl with my good friend at Bageskins.com to dress it up.
The MK2 threw a rod so it's 20v time.
And one pic (I stole it) from my boy and his girlfriend at Eurokracy in August.

20210926_175015.jpg
20210530_005328.jpg

FB_IMG_1630034583450.jpg

Last edited:

Square1

Go Kart Champion
It's gone a lot slower than expected but we're getting there. Engine is for the most part assembled and just about ready for transplant. This should move along a little quicker now. I feel like some of the parts I bought when I decided to go this route are already getting dated.

FB_IMG_1638410826584.jpg

Last edited:

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
It's gone a lot slower than expected but we're getting there. Engine is for the most part assembled and just about ready for transplant. This should move along a little quicker now. I feel like some of the parts I bought when I decided to go this route are already getting dated.

View attachment 232511
What internals did you go with and was this a full build or just the bottom end?

Square1

Go Kart Champion
What internals did you go with and was this a full build or just the bottom end?

It was almost a full build. JE 83mm pistons. IE rods. APR springs and retainers. Valves. ARP stuff. Mild Port and valve seats machined. I'm not sure what else was left to do.
I started with a 5000km (3000 mile) Golf R long block which I probably could've just put upgraded internals in and left it for cheap. If there's a next time I'll be wiser. Lol