GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk8 GTI to be revealed in March

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I was out the door for $28k on my new ‘19 Rabbit Ed.

Carvana offered $32k at last check, and the local dealership said they’d beat that.

I just can’t stomach $40k for a 2018 R with 26k on the clock.

If the MK8 is that much better than the MK7/7.5, then maybe I’ll eat the price differences.. but that has yet to be seen objectively.
I figure by the time you sell or trade a 2022 the used car market will settle down, so I would buy a new R if you can at MSRP.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
I agree. Overly inflated used car value is negated by overly inflated new car prices.
I really took the long way 'round in saying that one simple line, didn't I?

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
I figure by the time you sell or trade a 2022 the used car market will settle down, so I would buy a new R if you can at MSRP.

Sunroof and fully touch screen hvac are hard no for me.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Sunroof and fully touch screen hvac are hard no for me.

Sunroof is the hard no for me. The digital hvac would be annoying, but meh, I hardly fiddle with hvac anyway.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Sunroof is the hard no for me. The digital hvac would be annoying, but meh, I hardly fiddle with hvac anyway.

I was discussing my issues with an executive from VAG Canada while we were in Mexico last month.

He agrees and has pushed forward similar issues to his higher authority when the first information came to their offices. The touch screen is worthless when wearing winter gloves. This means in a typical MN Feb, and the ambient is -10F, I would have to pull off my glove to make any adjustments to my HVAC.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I was discussing my issues with an executive from VAG Canada while we were in Mexico last month.

He agrees and has pushed forward similar issues to his higher authority when the first information came to their offices. The touch screen is worthless when wearing winter gloves. This means in a typical MN Feb, and the ambient is -10F, I would have to pull off my glove to make any adjustments to my HVAC.

Don't live in cold places. Problem solved. Lol.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
It's the volume knob for me if I need to turn the volume down fast. The digital HVAC wouldn't be a problem because I don't mess with it much anyway once I'm comfortable. Maybe the fan speed would be a problem without climate control.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I have adversity to the desert for some reason 🤣
That's a misconception with regards to Phoenix. It gives the impression of nothing but sand etc when it couldn't be any different. If it's a desert it's a living desert. And you're less than 40 miles away from 4 seasons weather in other cities.

Are you referencing your military experience?

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
That's a misconception with regards to Phoenix. It gives the impression of nothing but sand etc when it couldn't be any different. If it's a desert it's a living desert. And you're less than 40 miles away from 4 seasons weather in other cities.

Are you referencing your military experience?

I’ve been to Phoenix, a very good friend lives down there. Been to the Flagstaff, Prescott, and Sierra Vista areas.. also all over the deserts of NM, NV UT and CA, so I know the area well. Also been in dry area all over the world. I just don’t like the deserts.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I’ve been to Phoenix, a very good friend lives down there. Been to the Flagstaff, Prescott, and Sierra Vista areas.. also all over the deserts of NM, NV UT and CA, so I know the area well. Also been in dry area all over the world. I just don’t like the deserts.
Fair enough. It is misleading to label Phoenix as a desert though. It's labeled as a desert because of the amount of annual rainfall but it isn't the image of what people envision when they hear desert. Lived in Prescott for 15 years.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Fair enough. It is misleading to label Phoenix as a desert though. It's labeled as a desert because of the amount of annual rainfall but it isn't the image of what people envision when they hear desert. Lived in Prescott for 15 years.

I spent a few months in a desert where there was large and small cactus, palm trees, and was humid as all hell.