GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk8 GTI to be revealed in March

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
It'll be the first generation people modify the GTI infotainment system and downgrade to the base system.

Noice.

Lol. I still have my MIB 2 upgrade sitting on a shelf. Maybe this winter I’ll do the swap. My time is going to this currently.

AF8BB49E-02F6-4613-9A13-5A279EBD2C68.jpeg

I loved my domestic partner’s NB, and being that it’s a garage queen in my circle to this day, I’ve been tempted to repurchase for them.

the fogs still are bleh, I’ll have to see it in person. If I go MK8, I’ll step to R and not look back.

MSchott

Go Kart Newbie
I've started to tune out all the reviews and comparos. (North American market)
Every single one mentions the 30K base price
Every single one condemns the GTI for the infotainment and the lack of knobs.
Every single single review seems to be of the Autobahn model which is close to 40K
No one seems to have reviewed the base model that actually cost 30K and has a different infotainment system featuring 2 big old knobs.
The car magazines test the vehicles provided by VW which are nearly always top of the line models.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
So, at least one person from our local club has picked up a MK8 GTI already. He says he paid MSRP, so no crazy markup at least locally, but I paid almost 4k under MSRP for my 19 in April 2019.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
So, at least one person from our local club has picked up a MK8 GTI already. He says he paid MSRP, so no crazy markup at least locally, but I paid almost 4k under MSRP for my 19 in April 2019.
Unless it’s actively on fire, I don’t think there’s a car around that you could get a $4k discount on. MSRP is about as good as it gets in this market.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
Unless it’s actively on fire, I don’t think there’s a car around that you could get a $4k discount on. MSRP is about as good as it gets in this market.
Considering how high the used car market prices are, it could very well be a positive to sell your used car now - and get into a new car.
I got offered $15,000 at Mazda, and $16 plus at CarMax.
That's more than enough to offset what any VW dealer would take off of a current GTI under the best normal conditions.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Considering how high the used car market prices are, it could very well be a positive to sell your used car now - and get into a new car.
That's more than enough to offset what any VW dealer would take off of a current GTI under the best normal conditions.
A few months ago my offer from my dealer was $24k. It’s crept up to $26k now. My issue is that the Mk8 SE is $36k, while mine was $30k. That’s a lot of price creep just to get my preferred Reflex Silver.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car

I was out the door for $28k on my new ‘19 Rabbit Ed.

Carvana offered $32k at last check, and the local dealership said they’d beat that.

I just can’t stomach $40k for a 2018 R with 26k on the clock.

If the MK8 is that much better than the MK7/7.5, then maybe I’ll eat the price differences.. but that has yet to be seen objectively.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
I was out the door for $28k on my new ‘19 Rabbit Ed.

Carvana offered $32k at last check, and the local dealership said they’d beat that.

I just can’t stomach $40k for a 2018 R with 26k on the clock.

If the MK8 is that much better than the MK7/7.5, then maybe I’ll eat the price differences.. but that has yet to be seen objectively.
Yes, I'm not saying that a MK8 is worth abandoning our MK7's for - considering how expensive 8's are and their questionable interiors.
But if one wanted a MK8 the loss of what a dealer wouldn't discount can be made up for in what our used vehicle is worth.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Yes, I'm not saying that a MK8 is worth abandoning our MK7's for - considering how expensive 8's are and their questionable interiors.
But if one wanted a MK8 the loss of what a dealer wouldn't discount can be made up for in what our used vehicle is worth.

I agree. Overly inflated used car value is negated by overly inflated new car prices.