GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 wipers are s**t!

Essjay

Ready to race!
Do they replace it for cosmetic scratches? I'm going to see what VW say on Saturday and then I'll weigh up my options I guess! My insurer only accepts AUTOGLASS

They may look cosmetic, but you could argue that in the rain, especially at night with oncoming traffic, they could be a safety hazard with glare from oncoming lights.

SonicAaron

Ready to race!
Hopefully VW agree to sort the issue but if not then I'll give Autoglass a wee call and see what they say :):)

The fact I know my screen isn't pure and can see a scratch really annoys me haha

Woo58

After two months I have had the wipers blades replaced under warranty due to the drivers blade smearing and knocking on the downward sweep. Asked the chappie at the Dealers if VW had a solution yet, " Don't think so" he said. I insisted as I had done less that 6000miles I had them replaced as the current ones were crap.
The replacement blades set do seem better. The knocking has gone and the smearing stopped. The drivers blade seems to have more pressure at the tips of the blade compared to the old set. Not had chance to see if they are the VW Bosch ones but have a set of Bosch Aero twins on standby in case these are short lived.

matstand

Passed Driver's Ed
Ok........VW claim this is down to wear and tear. I have had the car about 6 weeks, what a load of rubbish. Does anyone know if calling VW UK will help get the ball rolling? The 2nd closest dealer to me is some 110miles so taking it there is not really viable.

where in the Uk is 110 miles from a VW dealer? I've got 5 within 10 miles.

my drivers side wiper isnt the best wiper I've had, but it is definitely acceptable and safe. I've had the car since may and done 12k miles.

Running Man

Ready to race!
They are not the best designed wipers on our planet Earth

testcard

Ready to race!
I'd get the Bosch Aero twins on now - they should make a considerable difference. I've had a pair on my GTD since delivery and very happy with their performance.

SixSpeeder

Go Kart Champion
my wipers are great

+1, I live in an area where it rains a lot also. I don't know how some guys are getting by with a rear wiper delete. When it rains, I can't see out of the back without it.

the bruce

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Mk.V 2008
Did I get it? UK drivers suffer from this issue, those who drive on the "right"side don't?

:confused:

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Rubber source?

I work in rubber related industry and wonder if it is related to location of wiper manufacturing or maybe source of rubber used in wipers. There are many grades of rubber and quality. I notice more replacement wipers that do not work well, when in past most all wipers worked ok. Now you need to buy better name to get a good wiper. Chinese made wipers may not perform as well. It is interesting that posts from overseas are about issues but posts in USA are more positive? Maybe it points to rubber source issue.
Or, is it a glass issue? Change in material or process.
Or the Mexico plant makes a better car! The horror!

Last edited:

Running Man

Ready to race!
Everyone needs reliable rubbers