GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 wipers are s**t!

dickt

Ready to race!
A little bit of good news.

My wipers smeared in the same place as other people's. However, it was irregular. It did not smear every time. I tried all sorts of cleaning methods to get rid of the smearing. Some made it worse! Lemons seemed to be the best......
This was like this for the first 8,000 miles.
The car is now at 12,000 miles, and I have not noticed any smearing for a thousand miles or two.
It's a new form of running in???

Judesman

Ready to race!
aklwill, I asked my dealer if I would invalidate the warranty by polishing the windscreen (To within an inch of its life as someone put it on this forum) or putting on Aerotwins. I was assured that none of this would affect the warranty and as I have said the garage (Heritage) refunded the cost of the Aerotwins.

My garage told me that they had replaced another customer's windscreen because of smearing and VW suggested that I had a winter screen wash in the bottle instead of a summer wash and advised draining the washer bottle. I don't think there is such a thing as a VW winter and summer screen wash but I wouldn't let the garage drain the washer bottle.

The garage clayed the windscreen and replaced the wipers but none of this worked.

The Aerotwins seem to do the job but occasional I get a line across the screen in the very middle of the driver's side blade as though something is trapped between the blade and the screen.

testcard

Ready to race!
I tend to use a spring and autumn screen wash where possible. Seriously, apart from dilution, what difference can there be between summer and winter screen wash?

Wolksvagen

Banned
It's the same wash, more concentrated for winter.
Suggesting that the washer fluid is the cause of smearing is as plausible as suggesting wearing orange socks causes it.

jimble1

Ready to race!
Thanks for the info about the Aerotwins chaps, fitted a pair on the R today and they're perfect!! I even like the the little "Bosch" decal on the end of them, looks smart imo. :cool:

Russkiya

Passed Driver's Ed
Has anyone with the climate windscreen had any issues with smearing yet??

Thanks

dadu

Ready to race!
I couldn't find Bosch Aerotwin so I got the "new" ones from the dealer. They are fine for the moment...

ljc

I collected my car on Saturday and managed to test out the wipers...

Wasn't happy at ALL for a pre reg (10miles driven) 14 plate car! :mad::mad:

My question is,

Should I get the Bosch Aerotwin blades at my expense or is it worth my time to get it replaced by VW?

PS. I live in the UK

Wolksvagen

Banned
I collected my car on Saturday and managed to test out the wipers...

Wasn't happy at ALL for a pre reg (10miles driven) 14 plate car! :mad::mad:

My question is,

Should I get the Bosch Aerotwin blades at my expense or is it worth my time to get it replaced by VW?

PS. I live in the UK

Go for the VW replacements, go through the correct steps and if a couple or more fail then refer them to the Bosch blades and ask the dealership to cover the cost - simples.

26 quid is peanuts, one small round at the pub.

ljc

Go for the VW replacements, go through the correct steps and if a couple or more fail then refer them to the Bosch blades and ask the dealership to cover the cost - simples.

26 quid is peanuts, one small round at the pub.

Do you think VW will reimburse me for the cost of the Bosch wiper blades if a couple of their replacements fail?

mikeok

Passed Driver's Ed
Has anyone with the climate windscreen had any issues with smearing yet??

Thanks

I have the climate screen but have only had car 2 wks or so and not had much rain when driving..didnt notice a smear but will let you know soon as we have some proper rain here in cambs...will be suprised if the climate screen makes any difference as by all accounts on this thread the wipers are the issues...keep you posted tho.