GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 wipers are s**t!

rakeshka

Ready to race!
my golf ( jan end 2014 BW ) has no smear issues. had it for a month now. and driven in heavy rain on few occassions.. No problems at all with the wiper.

Judesman

Ready to race!
Nice lady from Customer Service phoned earlier to find out if the problem had been resolved. My file has been closed but interestingly she told me that VW Customer Service is located in Leeds and the garage had been phoning technical in Milton Keynes. Apparently there is no link between the two departments, something that needs addressing.

Drakon1

Ready to race!
If there is a silver lining on the MK7 being more than a year late to the Americas is that hopefully all these details would be ironed out by the time the cars are actually here.

aklwill

Golf wipers problems

I have had my golf for just under 4 months and the car has been back 5 times for the wipers. The last time they had the car for a week and the wipers no better. Mine scrape judder and squeak on the drivers side. They have done the 'known recommended' fixes from VW and replaced the blades numerous times. It's going in again next week and they are going to completely replace the whole mechanism. Has anyone else had the juddering issue? Mine is a 2014 VW Golf Mark 7 Highline model. Also every Loan car they have given me does the same thing, all brand new golfs. I dread driving it in the rain now.

milesjazz

Guys, I would like to state my solution for the wipers. I clayed-bar my windshield and applied Chemical Guys 109 (Sealant). The windshield becomes so smooth that the wipers don't have a hard time cleaning the surface anymore.

Wolksvagen

Banned
I have had my golf for just under 4 months and the car has been back 5 times for the wipers. The last time they had the car for a week and the wipers no better. Mine scrape judder and squeak on the drivers side. They have done the 'known recommended' fixes from VW and replaced the blades numerous times. It's going in again next week and they are going to completely replace the whole mechanism. Has anyone else had the juddering issue? Mine is a 2014 VW Golf Mark 7 Highline model. Also every Loan car they have given me does the same thing, all brand new golfs. I dread driving it in the rain now.

Have you tried the Bosch alternatives as linked earlier in this thread?

I picked up a set for about $60-70NZ and not had a issue since. I know we really shouldn't have to but to remove the safety hazard and get on with enjoying the car made it highly worth it.

Replacing the entire mechanism won't cure your problem, not unless during the process they give you the re-designed blades.
You can unclip the blades to check the manufacture date, one set I had the VW dealer replace with the "re-designed" blades, they failed to work and had a date of 11/12 - yep, I was lied to as they fitted the same part no.

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
By the way - I have a wiper issue too (still using the OEM blades) the drivers blade, lower part, judders from left to right as it sweeps... time for me to order the Aerotwins I guess...

jimma_uk

Ready to race!
I have the same problem with mine, but mine judder from right to left on the drivers side. I will get ordering the Bosch blades too I think.

rapport25

Go Kart Champion
Guys, I would like to state my solution for the wipers. I clayed-bar my windshield and applied Chemical Guys 109 (Sealant). The windshield becomes so smooth that the wipers don't have a hard time cleaning the surface anymore.

X2.

I clayed my screen & it was filthy. Car had less than 200 miles on the clock.

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
My car is getting detailed tomorrow so will see how the screen is after that - probably just get the Aerotwins anyway most likely....

aklwill

I picked up a set for about $60-70NZ and not had a issue since. I know we really shouldn't have to but to remove the safety hazard and get on with enjoying the car made it highly worth it.

Replacing the entire mechanism won't cure your problem, not unless during the process they give you the re-designed blades.
You can unclip the blades to check the manufacture date, one set I had the VW dealer replace with the "re-designed" blades, they failed to work and had a date of 11/12 - yep, I was lied to as they fitted the same part no.

I will try these blades. They are picking the car up tomorrow and talking about replacing the whole windscreen! I have been asking them from the start to polish the windscreen, iam to scared to in case I invalidate my warranty. Will let you know how it goes. It's been a nightmare trying to get this fixed.

aklwill

I also discovered they bent my wipers in an effort to fix the problem. Now I can't lift the drivers side one more than a few cm off the windscreen. It all just seems like amateur night dealing with VW. I am surprised, I assumed they would be on to it.

Wolksvagen

Banned
I also discovered they bent my wipers in an effort to fix the problem. Now I can't lift the drivers side one more than a few cm off the windscreen. It all just seems like amateur night dealing with VW. I am surprised, I assumed they would be on to it.

I've had mine bent too, by the local VW dealer to try to make the apex of the driver side blade less acute, it didn't work.

It should not prevent you from lifting the blades up from the windshield though - Remember that they must be in the SERVICE POSITION before you attempt to lift the wiper arms otherwise they will hit and damage the hood.

As posted by Rob -