GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
My AP is acting up lately. I can switch tunes and check for codes, but gauges won't work. It shows them for a half second then goes to a loading screen that says something like: "check your connection".

Anyone else have this experience?
No…. Almost like the connection head of the cable is bad

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
For those of you with Stoptech brakes ( and maybe others).

The cover you remove to change out the pads.

Does it matter which direction you put it back?

There's a little arrow on one side & I took that to mean that's the direction the rotor turns, but wasn't sure if it mattered as it easily fits either way.

GenX Retread

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI Autobahn
Does anybody tow a dirt bike or two with their GTI? Tell me all about that pls and thx. Pics would be sublime.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Does anybody tow a dirt bike or two with their GTI? Tell me all about that pls and thx. Pics would be sublime.
Haven't done it myself but I'd imagine you just need something like this and a small trailer

https://www.amazon.com/Curt-11412-Class-Trailer-Hitch/dp/B0133WU3K8

image_2023-05-06_175147347.png

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
For those of you with Stoptech brakes ( and maybe others).

The cover you remove to change out the pads.

Does it matter which direction you put it back?

There's a little arrow on one side & I took that to mean that's the direction the rotor turns, but wasn't sure if it mattered as it easily fits either way.
Arrow faces up.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Found my boost leak is caused by a crack in my ic hose, is it possible to fix with super glue or something? Or is my only option to wait for a new one to arrive from g-plus?

20230507_174303.jpg

20230507_174252.jpg

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
Found my boost leak is caused by a crack in my ic hose, is it possible to fix with super glue or something? Or is my only option to wait for a new one to arrive from g-plus?

View attachment 280278
View attachment 280279
If it were me and I had to drive it, I’d probably try a whole lot of guerrila tape (duct tape). Maybe a large tire patch and then duct tape if I were going to try to use it like that for awhile.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch

View attachment 280278
View attachment 280279
well good news is G-PLUS wasted no time replying to my message offering to send a replacement for free and asked for pics to see what happened

ShadyMF

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI IS38 6MT

View attachment 280278
View attachment 280279

I'd probably go for a tire patch kit in a pinch.. The glue/epoxy that comes with that would probably hold a lot better than even gorilla tape.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Also noticed a lot oil on the oil pan yesterday, any ideas what it could be from? Found a similar pic on Reddit and they thought it could be the drain plug which I haven't replaced in years because I have an extractor

image_2023-05-08_094908704.png