GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
mk7.5 GTI Traction control Permanently off.

Do you guys do just ECS off, or ECS Sport/ ECS Off V1 or V2, or ASR Off /ECS Off V1 or V2.

If I choose ECS Sport/ ECS off, if I'm on Manual mode would it suddenly be active again cause technically I'm not in Cars Sport mode?

What's the difference between V1 and V2?

Is it best to Turn Off ASR and ECS or just ECS.

And car is Roll raced and Daily driven.
Screenshot_20230427-140156.jpg

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
What’s the service life on coilpacks? 75k of stage 2 and is38 power levels on mine and no issues, but I’m not looking to get stranded.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch

Do you guys do just ECS off, or ECS Sport/ ECS Off V1 or V2, or ASR Off /ECS Off V1 or V2.

If I choose ECS Sport/ ECS off, if I'm on Manual mode would it suddenly be active again cause technically I'm not in Cars Sport mode?

View attachment 279498
You want ESC SPORT/ESC OFF. I'm not sure about v1 and v2, I don't recall that from when I did it years ago. Might be a 7.5 thing.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
What’s the service life on coilpacks? 75k of stage 2 and is38 power levels on mine and no issues, but I’m not looking to get stranded.
They don't have a service interval from VW.

I replaced mine at 40k but that was one part preventative and two parts because I wanted to throw in the red APR ones for some bling. They were also cheaper than stock coil packs from VW.

FCP says they can fail anywhere between 30 to 60k....and you should definitely do it before 100k, but I haven't personally known them to fail at 60k.

https://blog.fcpeuro.com/mk7-volkswagen-gti-jetta-tiguan-ignition-coil-kit-review

....in other words, it wouldn't hurt to swap them out as a preventive measure, but they are probably fine to stay unless you start seeing issues.

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
Mine were in until 98k....no problems, but I was only stage 1 for like 40k miles.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
They fail at all sorts of different mileages unfortunately. Seen cars with stock coils at 150k and be fine, also seen cars with failing coils at 20k.

GTIguy87

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI DSG

View attachment 279498

Just FYI, if your car is 2018+, you won't be able to fully turn it off. I was able to change mine with OBD11, but even when it says "ECS off", it still interferes.

JTM88

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
Has anybody ever had an issue where the accelerator pedal seems to become unresponsive when accelerating slowly? It’s like power cuts off and then all of a sudden comes back.

JTM88

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
Has anybody ever had an issue where the accelerator pedal seems to become unresponsive when accelerating slowly? It’s like power cuts off and then all of a sudden comes back.

My EPC light came on, I scanned it and got the code 14844 - Brake Switch Short to Ground.

Put in a new switch and so far so good.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Jeez you guys got me thinking I need to change coil packs. I'm at 110k on the originals lol. Should I just get stock, or since Im FBO/IS38, get something else?

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Jeez you guys got me thinking I need to change coil packs. I'm at 110k on the originals lol. Should I just get stock, or since Im FBO/IS38, get something else?
Stock are fine unless you're like me and think engine covers are the devil. Then you may as well get a pop of colour.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Stock are fine unless you're like me and think engine covers are the devil. Then you may as well get a pop of colour.
I recently added a cf engine cover, so color wouldnt do me any good lol.

j_rad91!

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 GTI
Anybody know what these mean? I’ve looked through my settings on the screen but can’t find anything. Also confused on the Infotainment message.

Attachments

• AB78B1C9-DDF4-4C2A-B41C-C8B366B570C4.jpeg
    AB78B1C9-DDF4-4C2A-B41C-C8B366B570C4.jpeg
    266.9 KB · Views: 53
  • A1884C3A-7619-49E1-925D-71CF1379826B.jpeg
    A1884C3A-7619-49E1-925D-71CF1379826B.jpeg
    179.4 KB · Views: 55
  • 23E40662-85DC-40E5-948F-58E775C9168B.jpeg
    23E40662-85DC-40E5-948F-58E775C9168B.jpeg
    215.9 KB · Views: 54

wascally wabbitt

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S
Anybody know what these mean? I’ve looked through my settings on the screen but can’t find anything. Also confused on the Infotainment message.

Sounds like a new battery is in your future

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
My AP is acting up lately. I can switch tunes and check for codes, but gauges won't work. It shows them for a half second then goes to a loading screen that says something like: "check your connection".

Anyone else have this experience?