Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
My auto windows never function properly without resetting the switch first

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Automatic raise/lower for my driver window's button just seemed to stop working. Is this a common thing?

Yeah, lower the window the whole way and keep the switch depressed (say mean things to it) for a couple seconds, then the same for window up. I've noticed it mostly when I have the battery out.
Yeah, very common. You just have to make it relearn Auto up and Auto down.

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
EQT Turbos are not Ball Bearing?

Are they the old style still? Or something different? Didn't the old style CHRA blow up when pushed to hard?

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
nothing wrong with journal bearings
I can't say yes or no, I don't have that much knowledge into it. Except watching YouTube videos claiming otherwise usually people who have blown a Turbo.

This was his reply.
Screenshot_20230422-142759__01.jpg

I asked because my brother in law just got 2017 GTI I told him get zero to hero kit. He's been looking alot of stuff up. And now we on the BB or journal bearing Convo.

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
Mamba makes good turbos. Can’t go wrong there. Recommend the 2876 if you want to keep some quick spool, 3076 if you want to make more power. 2876 is no slouch though.

I can't find to much info on them or people running them.

Right now we're looking at mamba 3076 or the Used Vortex XL someone is has for sale on here.

Crazy thing is new mamba with install kit, new pipes, TIP and Turbo Muffler delete is $1255 shipped.

Used Vortex XL with nothing $1200. But I guess it would be easier for EQT to tune.

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
Anyone know where to get an O2 sensor spacer? No dice on ebay or amazon.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

GTIguy87

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI DSG

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
On the door jam of the front doors, there's little plastic plugs that go in the centering hole for the OEM roof rack. I lost mine, and it bugs me. I can't seem to find a part number for this, maybe my search skills are struggling. Does anyone happen to know a part number?

Bringing this back down…

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
Is it "normal" for Polyurethane bushings to go bad? The driver side sway bar bushing on my 034 RSB deteriorated down to basically nothing. I've lubed them via the zerk fittings a handful of times, but I'm a bit surprised that after 4.5 years and 25K that the bushing would almost completely disintegrate.

ChristopherNeil

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I wouldn't say it's "normal" but definitely not unheard of. I've specifically overlooked poly bushings because if this, though. I can't remember specifically the details, but I do remember reading enough stories that left me with a feeling of "fuck that."