GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Wizzi

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTI MK7.5
Hey guys wondering if someone can help me out. I am looking into buying used Konig ampliform 18x8.5 et 38 5x112, and am worndering if they will fit no problem. The car is a 2019 gti autobahn.

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
Hey guys wondering if someone can help me out. I am looking into buying used Konig ampliform 18x8.5 et 38 5x112, and am worndering if they will fit no problem. The car is a 2019 gti autobahn.
Need a little more info - camber/ride height/tire size.

GTIguy87

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI DSG
Maybe a stupid question, Anybody know why the throttle position sensor display on my accessport only goes up 80 when I'm at WOT? Is that normal?

daujin_mk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI DSG
Racingline's lower engine's polyurethane is supposedly 75a durometer. I have BFI's stage 1 mounts (70a). With a possible stage 1 engine mount that failed, thinking of upgrading to stage 2 mounts (trans + engine). Thoughts?

Edit: hesitant to upgrade because I'm trying to keep the mounts similar in durometer rating.

Last edited:

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Fair enough. Aside from that, would there be issues with the different durometer ratings?
Generally speaking the 'weak' one is gonna be the one that lets go first/gets worn out, because it's not tough enough to stand up to the additional NVH. As long as they're all relatively beefy, you should be alright. I did Stage 1 BFI mounts engine and trans on my mk4, and the dogbone/RMM was Stage 2. Currently on my Mazda I have 88A rear and 80A trans, and 70A engine (but will be upgraded to 80A as well). As long as they're 'close' then you should be fine.

akpt92

Car(s)
VW golf gti mk7
Stupid question I just wanted to know from you experts if front end parts including; headlights wings bumper and bonnet from a mk7 gti would fit onto a mk7.5 gti? Thanks

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Stupid question I just wanted to know from you experts if front end parts including; headlights wings bumper and bonnet from a mk7 gti would fit onto a mk7.5 gti? Thanks

All together, yes. Separately, no. The 7.5 headlights, wings/fenders, & bumper are all slightly different from the 7. So if you're swapping them all, they'll fit. But you can't just do the 7.5 bumper for example, and keep the 7 lights and wings.

Last edited:

akpt92

Car(s)
VW golf gti mk7
All together, yes. Separately, no. The 7.5 headlights, wings/fenders, & bumper are all slightly different from the 7. So if you're swapping them all, they'll fit. But you can just do the 7.5 bumper for example, and keep the 7 lights and wings.
Perfect, I have the complete front from a mk7 so that works. Thanks for the info!

cb1111

All together, yes. Separately, no. The 7.5 headlights, wings/fenders, & bumper are all slightly different from the 7. So if you're swapping them all, they'll fit. But you can just do the 7.5 bumper for example, and keep the 7 lights and wings.
Methinks you might want to re-read what you wrote.....