GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
as Diggs said, P&B means it's been tuned, but easiest way to see is go WOT and look at what boost pressure is. Stock is like 8 psi I think....I may be wrong on the exact number, but it's LOW
The factory gauge display shows absolute pressure though, or at least mine did. When stock I saw it go up to like 28-29. Converted to actual I think it was like 14 or so.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
The factory gauge display shows absolute pressure though, or at least mine did. When stock I saw it go up to like 28-29. Converted to actual I think it was like 14 or so.
okay yeah I think you're right......stock on the gauge was absolute so subtracting 14.7 iirc, would give you something like that.....

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
okay yeah I think you're right......stock on the gauge was absolute so subtracting 14.7 iirc, would give you something like that.....
So I’ve been thinking about this from time to time and trying to figure out my actual boost at my altitude. I believe that I’m at 10.8 ambient psi (relative to temperature) where I live, so do I subtract my total PSI from 10.8 to get an accurate boost psi?

For reference, I use this calculator and use psi, F°, and ft to calculate the altitude that I was logging at. Seems to be really accurate and easy. https://www.mide.com/air-pressure-at-altitude-calculator

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
I see 31 pounds of boost. Jeezus that must be fun, mine is at like 26 and its a friggin rocket lol.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI

Kent42

Car(s)
Audi S3 2018
Something like this)
BED82D09-5425-42FE-81D9-BF0519852476.jpeg