GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
I know I posted up earlier in this thread about my brake pedal being loose/crunchy ever since I had my fluid flushed earlier this summer. Initial theory was air in the lines but I had them re-bleed it and do the two-man procedure but it still feels a bit janky to me. Starting to think it might just be in my head, anyone able to advise on whether this seems normal or not? At the top of the pedal travel, it's not smooth. There's some looseness/play for about a half an inch of movement downward, and then a bump before it smoothes out. Coming back up is the same kind of looseness, and then it's almost like crunchy as it comes back to the top. Bit hard to describe and even harder to show but some videos if it's helpful at all:

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Need to start gathering replacement pads/rotors for my TT RS front bbk.......anyone have experience with Paragon? They offer 2 piece floating for 1150

or Girodisc.....they offer same type of floating for about the same.
Girodisc is good stuff. Cheap for being made in the US.
I've looked at Paragon but I suspect their castings are made in the same chinese factory as 034's rotors. For the $50 difference I'd go girodisc without a thought.
If you're interested I might be selling my 370mm girodiscs.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Girodisc is good stuff. Cheap for being made in the US.
I've looked at Paragon but I suspect their castings are made in the same chinese factory as 034's rotors. For the $50 difference I'd go girodisc without a thought.
If you're interested I might be selling my 370mm girodiscs.
Talk to me Goose ….DM me

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
Since I replaced the antenna today the headliner got bent. Is this fixable when I take it to get to the upholestry shop? Any info on this?
I believe a new headliner frame from VW is $2000. Thanks in advance.
IMG-2301.jpg

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
1234YF….. what the….. why in the world do I have to take this to a body shop for AC work?? Thanks VW

edit...it's the type of freon in '18 models that small indie shops can't touch because of the specific machine used

Last edited:

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
sorry....I'll edit post....it's the friggin AC they put in the '18 models......it's different and only dealerships and body shops have the right machine to evac the freon.....evidently it's a PITA

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Buddy going to Germany….should I have him get low profile headrests while he’s there or is it really cheaper?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
If they're really cheaper, you should have him get several sets. People here will buy them from you.
yeah I just don't know their prices so I'll have him check when he's there

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
If they're really cheaper, you should have him get several sets. People here will buy them from you.
Could you imagine the TSA agent scanning that luggage?

"He went to germany and got....headrests?"