GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
HPFP and RS3 LPFP installed today. Flashed new tune (HPFP/LPFP/MAP/PUT/Vortex 93 ...but there's no Vortex on it yet).

Saw this after gingerly driving down to the shop for the turbo swap but it may have been there the whole time. Start up took a few tries, tank was real low and I only heard the LPFP prime once or twice but subsequent startups before and after re-filling the tank were very normal.

Possible it's from start-up and now a non-issue? Could it be the fact that the A/F ratio is off since the wrong turbo is on the car for the tune? I didn't see any fuel leaks, RS3 pump came with a new controller.

20230615_200253.jpg

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
Anyone have any input on this?

I have a Walbro 525 w/PM4 right now, but running out of fuel on the top end when running E85 - was planning to switch to a brushless RS3 pump, but just came across a Precision Raceworks dual 450 pump on FB Marketplace for $450. Upgraded wiring for the PM4 will be 90 bucks, so this feels like a steal. Anything I'm missing/not considering?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

I have a Walbro 525 w/PM4 right now, but running out of fuel on the top end when running E85 - was planning to switch to a brushless RS3 pump, but just came across a Precision Raceworks dual 450 pump on FB Marketplace for $450. Upgraded wiring for the PM4 will be 90 bucks, so this feels like a steal. Anything I'm missing/not considering?
Paging
@Diggs24
@JerseyDrew77
@Daks
@Acadia18

Sure the mind meld has something

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny

I saw that one for sale too and thought about it… lol.

Since I already have a pm4 and modded basket (not wanted to loose out on that cost by going rs3)

But also… unless you’re just not wanting to deal with mixing - I would say step 1 - just drop to E60… your timing will be maxed out by then anyways.

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
I saw that one for sale too and thought about it… lol.

Since I already have a pm4 and modded basket (not wanted to loose out on that cost by going rs3)

But also… unless you’re just not wanting to deal with mixing - I would say step 1 - just drop to E60… your timing will be maxed out by then anyways.
It's an AWD pump though, right?

TBH not even sure what the difference between AWD and FWD pumps are.

I just don't want the fueling to be a bottleneck at any point, just want to be able to go to the limit of the XL and call it a day. I was running E71/E72 when I experienced those cuts, so I could cut back to E60 and give that whirl for sure.

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R

I just don't want the fueling to be a bottleneck at any point, just want to be able to go to the limit of the XL and call it a day. I was running E71/E72 when I experienced those cuts, so I could cut back to E60 and give that whirl for sure.
I just understood what you meant - you'd be taking the pumps out of the basket and installing in yours. Ignore the first part

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
Not a ton of people running dual 450s out there so not sure how much more headroom that gives you. Sell your 525+PM4 and buy RS3.
Precision claims "1000 hp" on E85. Not sure if that's BS or not, but at that price point, it's a significantly better deal than I'll find on an RS3 pump.

Not even sure what a 525+PM4 would be worth.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny

The one I saw was a blue top. The stage 4 pretty sure is only offered as a full drop in basket cause it’s not a simple mod like we do for a single pump.

Rs3 - devils advocate - After you max out the xl and pop the block and build it and then get a larger turbo to go with the built block you’d be changing that rs3 out again… so just go stage 4

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
The one I saw was a blue top. The stage 4 pretty sure is only offered as a full drop in basket cause it’s not a simple mod like we do for a single pump.

Rs3 - devils advocate - After you max out the xl and pop the block and build it and then get a larger turbo to go with the built block you’d be changing that rs3 out again… so just go stage 4
Block is already built :). But I have no interest in going bigger than XL.