GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Figured this will be the place to ask. Where's the thread about parts you have that you're giving away. Stuff you don't need etc

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 GTI, 2017 GSW
You can send all free parts to me if you'd like 😜

Total1

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
15 GTI Autobahn 6MT
Should I replace rms with iabed or oem? I heard oem updated the seal? My current seal is not leaking but will have a shop replace my clutch soon so I'm trying to decide whether I should have them replace the rms as well. My car is at 55k miles.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Should I replace rms with iabed or oem? I heard oem updated the seal? My current seal is not leaking but will have a shop replace my clutch soon so I'm trying to decide whether I should have them replace the rms as well. My car is at 55k miles.

Don't make a problem where there isn't one.

If the seal is good, it's good. Just leave it alone.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 GTI, 2017 GSW

Go with the updated OEM unit. iabed causes too many problems and is ancient tech.

Also I would absolutely do the RMS while in there. You'd be pretty stupid not to honestly.

It's like doing timing chains and not replacing the guides.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Go with the updated OEM unit. iabed causes too many problems and is ancient tech.

Also I would absolutely do the RMS while in there. You'd be pretty stupid not to honestly.

It's like doing timing chains and not replacing the guides.
I understand your timing chain and replacing the guides but I've seen too many people report that the rear main seal is leaking after replacement. Some could have been from poor installation but I wouldn't replace it if it's not leaking.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
The search on here sucks, can never find anything using it. Instead google it with golfmk7 in the query

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

serozEa211WAG

Car(s)
Sportwagen mk7
Hi

Im looking to install door exit lights on my Golf mk7 GT variant 1.4 tsi r-line and want to know if i have got the correct cables for it since i have got two different cables and dont know witch ones to use?

And are they ok to plug in to the door controller unit or do i have to cut and mould them on to already existing wiring like ive seen in some guides?

Attachments

• 20210725_145447.jpg
    20210725_145447.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 49
  • 20210725_145539.jpg
    20210725_145539.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 56
  • 20210725_145536.jpg
    20210725_145536.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 47
  • 20210725_145710.jpg
    20210725_145710.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 46

GenX Retread

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI Autobahn
Isn't 55K miles a little soon for a RMS? I've only ever done two of them (one a Ford and one a GM), but they both had over 300k Km on them.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Isn't 55K miles a little soon for a RMS? I've only ever done two of them (one a Ford and one a GM), but they both had over 300k Km on them.
Dealer replaced mine under warranty around 27k miles. But if it's not leaking I wouldn't bother